What's new

MS Excel Question re: hidden cells (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I have a spreadsheet with some hidden cells on it.

on the FAR left column, the numbering of the rows goes 1,2,3,4,18,19,20,21, 89, 90, etc...

I have tried to UNhide these cells but for some reason it's not working correctly. I hilight all of the cells in the 'row number column', right click, select unhide, but it does nothing. I have even tried Ctrl-A, right click, unhide isn't listed as an option. I've tried right clicking at the VERY top left of the spreadsheet (before cell A!), and unhide does nothing.

I've tried searching help, but I find MS help to be completely useless...

what do I do? is there some kind of master unhide function to show absolutely ALL cells? and I KNOW there are cells hidden, because the spreadsheet (from view) is practically blank.

Stupid question I know, but Thanks for your help.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Try highlighting the range of rows which include the 'hidden' ones by dragging down along the left side where the row numbers are. Once you've highlighted them all, right click in the highlighted area and then click on 'Row Height' and set that number to 12.75.

I'm guessing your rows aren't really hidden but just have a very small row height so they appear as though they are hidden.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Awesome, Bryan. Hope that helps, thanks for the information!

(I was thinking they might be something other than hidden, as well, but wasn't sure what that could be.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks