What's new

MS& EA looking at possibly buying Sega (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Romier-

I loved Golden Axe, and GA Online would be cool, but it would have to be more like the original game than a MMORPG with GA as an influence. If it's something like a mix between PSO and EQ, that would rock.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sega issued a press release today stating they're pressing ahead with Sammy & laid off a bunch of workers at SOA.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I would pitch in cash with the sole request that they make another Jet Set Radio game ;) I don't even need to be involved, just produce the game.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Looks like the Sammy deal is going ahead ... plus SEGA will be keeping their Brand Identity :D

"Sammy president Hajime Satomi recently revealed preliminary details regarding the proposed structure of his company’s merger with Sega. Under the terms of the deal, both companies would retain their own brand identities. However, the merger would call for the integration of properties held by both Sega and Sammy. Specifically, Sega would support Sammy's low-cost arcade platform AtomisWave with several of its popular brands of software. Likewise, Sammy would release Pachinko products that would be branded with Sega characters. The ideal scenario, according to Satomi-san, would be a merged company that allowed for a fusion of product lines and retained brand identity. For reference, Sega's proposed merger with Sammy is expected to be complete by October 2003."

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I hope that EA buys Sega. Why? If MS buys them, they will make Sega XBOX only. I don't have any intention of getting an XBOX, since all the games I want are on PS2.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I hope that EA buys Sega. Why? If MS buys them, they will make Sega XBOX only. I don't have any intention of getting an XBOX, since all the games I want are on PS2.
I guess that's okay if you don't mind losing all Sega Sports games... :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks