What's new

Mp3 and AAC decoding for Yamaha rx-v371 (1 Viewer)

phanos

Auditioning
Real Name
Phanos
Hello, Please excuse my question if it is very simple or if it has been answer before but I have tried to find the answer elsewhere and failed. I have recently bought the yamaha rx-v371 receiver. I am very please with the receiver, it outputs great sound and has a lot of movie and music effects to fit almost any situation. What I want to know is why every time I try to play a source that has either mp3 or aac audio the receiver only outputs the sound from the speakers, no option to either use the cinemadsp or other enhancers that this receiver support is available? Is there some legal issues why this is happening? Is this normal for all the receivers? Thanks.

phanos

Auditioning
Real Name
Phanos
Hi, No reply yet. Is the question too specific to a particular product and therefore difficult to answer?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Have you reviewed pages 26 though 29 of your manual? There's lots of information there that is easier for you to read and try than for us to try and paraphrase.

The manual states that DSP is not available for 96kHz sources.

Also, if you have "2 Ch Stereo" selected, DSP is not available, or if "Straight" Decoding is selected.

Finally, there are two DSP choices specifically designed for MP3 playback (under the "ENHNCR" category). Have you tried using these?

phanos

Auditioning
Real Name
Phanos
Hi Jason Charlton and thanks a lot for the reply. I have read the manual and specifically the pages you are referring in the past but still I could not select any option when playing sources with mp3 or aac audio. But for some reason now I can. They only think I did was to play with the remote a lot last night. Maybe I change something without understanding what it was and now I am able to change options when playing those sources. Perhaps I figure it out in the future. Thanks a lot for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks