What's new

moving a rear projection set ? (1 Viewer)

Sandor

Auditioning
I just bought this panasonic 53, hope I made a good decesion....its the PT-53WXD63 with the built in tuner even though I think im gonna get voom and wont need it. Anyhow.....after ordering of course I started measuring....(oops wrong order I know) and Im nervous about getting the set into my tv room......very tight turn! Is it bad for a set to be tiled in the side if thats what it would take to get it into the room.....im super nervous.....stupid I know I just really wanted this set!

Let me know if its ok to do this...

thanks!
sandor

Tim Robbins

Agent
I actually install HT gear, and on occasion have to deliver TVs. It is my experience that you can tilt RPTVs, sometimes we actually have to turn them on their side to get them in. As long as you make slow (ie not jerky or jostling) movements, you will be OK. You'll more than likely want to adjust the convergence afterwards. Just remember, dont put pressure on the screen.

Tim

PS: dont let it drop or it will be very angry with you...

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tim, this subject comes up from time to time and it's something I may be doing in the next few months are there any other tips you or some of the other guru's can offer on moving a RPTV?
Thanks Jim

Sandor

Auditioning
A buddy tome me that you can remove the back panel on SOME RPTV sets.... and that backing is really housing alot of emply space...its actually designed for this reason....My buddy said his mitsu talks about it in the manual. who knows.....ill find out for sure tomorrow and post...they are coming mid day.....we shall see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks