What's new

Movies you hated the first time, but gave a second chance. (2 Viewers)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
'House of 1000 Corpses', actually liked it at the theater but as time went on I grew to hate it. Watched it on disc today and liked it alot more than I did the first time.

'Battlefield: Earth', 'The Fast and the Furious', 'The Mummy', 'Unbreakable', 'Spider-Man', 'The Matrix', 'Minority Report', 'We Were Soldiers', 'Die Another Day', 'The Fifth Element'....and even 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring':b. All these come to mind as films I disliked at the theater and emjoyed on DVD.

I didn't like 'Pirates of the Caribbean' at the theater but I guarentee I'll like it on DVD.

But it can be the other way around as well.
I loved 'Resident Evil' at the theater and now I just think the film is average after viewing it on disc. Same goes for 'Star Wars-Episode 1'.

I think going to a theater will affect your evaluation of a film, bad day at work/ traffic/ bad audience, etc. That's why I always give a film a second chance...except for 'Dreamcatcher' which I loathed entirely to the point of vomit:D .

EricW

Senior HTF Member
off topic, but for 11th grade english i had to read The Great Gatsby and i hated it. then i transferred schools and at the new one, the 12th grade english had (you guessed it) Great Gatsby. but the second time i read it i loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks