What's new

Movies on DVD with Births/Pregnancies (1 Viewer)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I think I am the only person I know that saw The Paper in the theater. Still one of my favorites. Is the dvd any good?
I don't have the DVD. I like the movie a lot, but not enough to buy it (I only buy DVDs of movies that I want to watch frequently and repeatedly). I keep my eye out for it whenever I'm at Blockbuster, but the ones around here don't carry it.

I always thought that this movie never got the credit it deserves. Michael Keaton is hilarious in it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to praise the suggestion of She's Having A Baby. It's funny, sweet and very knowing about the dynamics of the "growing up" process that some men (yeah, it mainly focuses on the husband) have to go through when a baby's coming.

There's a crisis that happens that may make you think "hey, I told these guys..!" and you might be tempted to push the stop button. Please don't. You will see that the best is yet to come. Just listen to the lyrics.

Speaking of, as an extra added bonus, the soundtrack is KILLER and features one of the best songs ever written for a particular scene, Kate Bush's "This Woman's Work." She wrote it for the movie-not just for the movie, John Hughes sent her the specific scene, and she wrote it with those visuals at hand-and it will have your heart melting.

Oh, and you MUST watch the credits, they're hilarious!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Wow, 25 posts, and no one's mentioned "ERASERHEAD"? A bit pricey... but worth it!

Also, Jan Svankmajer's "LITTLE OTIK" is brilliant, frightening, hilarious. Definitely recommended.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the congrats.

I'm sure to be picking up a couple of these at least!

Keep the suggestions coming, I've still got over 7 months to fill.... :)

SteveP

Second Unit
Julie Andrews has quite a protracted and painful birth scene in HAWAII(UA, 1966) not yet on DVD.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Rosemaymary's Baby?? Eraserhead???

For something that's more exiting but easier on the nerve, try Time and Tide:D .

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well, after that appealing post:

Gone With the Wind
Father's Little Dividend
Blondie's Blessed Event
It's a Wonderful Life
The Blue Lagoon
Baby Boom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks