What's new

Movies on DVD with Births/Pregnancies (1 Viewer)

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings

My wife and I recently found out that we are pregnant. I'd like to get some DVDs as a present that depict pregancies and/or childbirth.

Father of the Bride 2 and Nine Months are already part of our collection....two movies that my wife ABSOLUTELY loves.

Any other suggestions? I'd prefer comedies.....and obviously nothing that deals with pregnancy tragedies (i.e. miscarriages..)

Thanks for the help!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I did a search on Google with child, birth, comedy, and movie, and the only thing I came up from looking at the first few results was this:

She's Having a Baby

The IMDB rating isn't great, but not bad. Any opinions?

Brad Hood

Agent
Under no circumstances should you have to subject yourself to any of the Look Who's Talking or Three Men and a Baby movies, even if your wife is pregnant.

My wife enjoyed The Story of Us, but I wasn't crazy about it.

I see this as a good excuse to rewatch Fargo (she's pregnant) and Raising Arizona. ;)

Brad

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Congrats!! My wife and I recently found out the same thing. She's Having a Baby is far and away our favorite film on the subject. It's John Hughes in his prime, back when he was actually funny. I highly recommend it.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Steve,

Congrats on the news!

Although it's not out on DVD yet, the festival hit Expecting is a wonderful improvosational comedy from Toronto, about a woman who has an in-home birth and the colorful characters that are in her life.

Jason

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'd recommend "My Life", but that would probably be jinxing you, right? :D

Congratulations :)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I just thought of something else you might enjoy, Bill Cosby: Himself. (Not on DVD, sadly.) Most of Cosby's material revolves around his family. There is quite a bit here about his wife's pregnancy and the "joy" of children afterwards. Very funny stuff!

Tim Raffey

Stunt Coordinator
Based on your very personal interest, I would highly suggest Stan Brakhage's very personal Window Water Baby Moving; thankfully, it will be a part of Criterion's upcoming collection of his films by Brakhage: an Anthology.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
How about "The Paper"? The movie isn't about pregnancy, but it does have one, along with a child being born. It's also a very good comedy as a whole.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I think I am the only person I know that saw The Paper in the theater. Still one of my favorites. Is the dvd any good?

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks