What's new

Movies I'm looking for not yet on DVDs (1 Viewer)

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
This is my first time posting a "Thread" and I'm not sure that this is the most efficient way to get action. I'm hoping to get someone, somewhere in the industry to make an effort to get my "wish list" of movies released on DVDs sooner rather than later. .
I'm in the process of changing my home theatre library over from VHS tape to DVDs. A problem I'm having is that several (30 or more) of my favorites have yet to come out on DVD format. There are also a few, which were once released on DVD, but are no longer available, except at high "scalper prices".
Is anyone else out there interested in any of the following and would help put the word out? Also, how do we get word to distributors? If anyone does respond to this list maybe those who own the rights to those properties might get them released in DVD format.
The List:
A Thousand Clowns(1965) MGM classics
All That Jazz (1979) CBS/Fox Home Entertainment
Bye Bye Brazil (1979) Winstar Home Ent.
Crossing Delancey (1988) Warner Home Video
Dances With Wolves (1990) Imagine Entertainmrny Inc. (Director's cut)
Enchanted April (1992) Paramount Home Ent.
Fear On Trial (1971)with: Geo. C. Scott & Wm. Devane
Harry and Tonto (1974) Facets Video
Little Big Man (1970) 20th Century Fox Home
Quest For Fire (1982) CBS/Fox Home Entertainment
Revolution (1985) Warner Home Video
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (1990) Buena Vista or MiraMax
Same Time, Next Year(1978)Universal Studio Home Video
Scrooge (musical) (1970) starring Albert Finey Paramount Family Favorites
Sergeant York (1941) Warner or MGM Home Ent.
Shall We Dance? (Japan) (1996) MiraMax
Some Kind of Hero (1982) Paramount Home Ent.
Start the Revolution Without Me (1970)Warner Home
The Americanization of Emily (1964) MGM Home Ent.
The Devil's Disciple (1959) MGM Home Ent.
The Flim-Flam Man (1967) Trimark
The Front (1976) Columbia Tristar
The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter(1968)Warner Home Ent.
The Hospital (1971) MGM Contemporary Classics
The Maid (1991) Star Maker Video
The Time of Their Lives (1946) Universal Studio Home Video
The Wedding Banquet (1993) 20th Century Fox Home Video
Who Is Harry Kellerman . . .(1971) Produced in the U.K. starring Dustin Hoffman
Zorba the Greek (1964) 20th Century Fox Home Ent.
And My all time favorite:
Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris (1975) American Film Theatre.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
An impressive wish list of films you've got there, Benn, and welcome to the HTF. I'll second your requests for:
SHALL WE DANCE (1996-Japanese) Miramax
SERGEANT YORK (1941) WB
THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967) Fox
THE HOSPITAL (1971) MGM
THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES (1946) Universal
Paramount's Martin Blythe, and Fox's Peter Staddon sometimes participate in these threads, while representatives from several (all?) of the other major home video companies apparently browse these boards unseen, and have done so for some time. That being the case, who knows, perhaps this thread will help to prompt the eventual release of these titles. Some may even be in some stage of DVD production right now (I wouldn't be surprised if SHALL WE DANCE and SERGEANT YORK were suddenly announced in the near future; not that I have any inside info, though). As always, time will tell.

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
For every list that comes out, there are hundreds more that can be added. There are great titles stuck in the vaults, that may or may not slowly see the light of the laser. They can't all be released at once either, (1) it would bankrupt the collectors and (2) we would want the studios to take a modicum of care in the transfer ... and I am not talking about special editions or fancy features. Just a good solid picture, free from as many defects as possible.

Warner has a literal fortune in catalogue titles. I can't see why they are not more aggressive in their releases. Then, you probably have twenty and thirty year olds who have never even heard of luminaries such as Tyrone Power, James Dean, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn.

Oh, well. I could go on. All I am suggesting is that some more aggressive action be taken.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Give me...

- The Lion King
- Aladdin
- Indiana Jones trilogy
- Star Wars trilogy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks