What's new

Movieoke, anyone? You GOTTA try it! (1 Viewer)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
In my theater class, students will pick a scene from the movie of their choice (I must approve it, though), and do the movieoke thing. They can do a monologue and/or a scene involving a few other classmates. Should be fun! Thanks for the tip! :emoji_thumbsup:

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
So I ran a bit of a test last night --

Star Wars is inappropriate, because there is a lot of dialogue bleeding into the fronts in the 5.1 mix. I recall reading that they didn't have as much in the way of separate stems for Star Wars as the other two when they did the remixes for the SEs.

But the good news is that Empire and Jedi work perfectly, aside from a little bit of directional dialogue that I ran into in Empire ("He could use a good kiss" as Han walks offscreen). And the closed captioning when Dak is fried in the back of Luke's snowspeeder is priceless: "AH!"

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wife and I immediately both thought of Star Wars when this was mentioned. Too bad about Ep.4 as trying to mimic Alec Guiness as Obi Wan is a hoot (or the Jawas). Thanks for the test info.

I'm thinking some of the zombie movies might be fun, lots of "unnngghhh" and "brains..." to insert randomly for fun.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I just had a revelation . . . combine movieoke with the Star Wars Pants Game . . . substitute the word "pants" whenever appropriate.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Aaron. Awesome. Thats cool. I guess having the script of the movie would be ideal and just dole out the roles to everyone. I believe the Star Wars scripts are available online. I downloaded them years ago, never checked for authenticity, but I imagine they're ok. I actually don't think you'd need to mute the centre channel completely, just turn it down low enough so that when someone in your room is talking, it overpowers the centre channel. That way when actors who you haven't cast come along, you can paly off them.

Aaron, if I remember correctly, didn't you buy a bunch of LD's from me? We met on the Subway in TO once or twice?

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Chris, that was me. Scripts would make it less silly, I think, because at least part of the fun will be when people don't know what's coming next and totally flub it. I have a few friends who've never seen Star Wars who I think I can talk into movieokeing, which should be a riot.

My wife is desparate to try Grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks