What's new

Movie Trivia... (2 Viewers)

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
I need some help from the movie gurus. I have been given the task of creating 10 movie trivia questions for our company Christmas Party this weekend. I want to be able to make it relatively easy for the average person to participate. I'd prefer that the questions be in regards to the movies from the mid 80's and up. Can anyone help me out here? I can probably come up with the questions myself, but I really want to have a good mix of great questions. Some of the information of read here in the past indicates the wealth of info you all have.

Bring em on!!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
These are pretty easy, but you said the average person.
Steven Soderbergh directed the current movie Solaris.
George Clooney is starring in the current movie Solaris.
Jennifer Lopez is starring in the current movie Maid In Manhattan.
What Soderburgh-directed movie did Clooney and Lopez star in together?
Answer: Out of Sight
=====
Elijah Wood is Frodo in the movie trilogy The Lord of the Rings.
Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man.
What movie did they appear in together?
Answer: The Ice Storm
=====
What actor appeared in both The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Matrix trilogy?
Answer: Hugo Weaving is Elrond in LOTR and Agent Smith in The Matrix.
Bonus points: In what movie did Hugo Weaving play a dog?
Answer: Babe. Weaving was the voice of Rex the Male Sheepdog in both Babe movies.
=====

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Q: Which two stars of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert have starred in movies with Carrie Ann Moss?
A: Hugo Weaving (Matrix) and Guy Pearce

Q: In the 2000 and 2002 oscars, both Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe were nominated for best actor. What movie did they appear in together?
A: Virtuosity

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Steven Spielberg has won two Academy Awards for best director. In which of his films did he work with another Academy Award winning director?

Jurassic Park 1 and 2: Richard Attenborough (who won for Gandhi the year Spielberg was up for E.T.).

Or: Name 3 movies starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

Sleepless in Seattle
You've Got Mail
Joe Versus the Volcano

M.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Number of films to sweep Best Actor, Actress, Director, Screenplay and Picture?

3 (Silence of the Lambs, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, It Happened One Night)

Eric Lipp

Agent
Anyone can feel free to correct me if I dork this one up as I'm going off of memory here.

Q: "What is the only movie AND sequal to both win Best Picture?"

A: "The Godfather I and II"

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Q:
In which year was the official RKO sequel to the 1933 Kong Kong released?

A:
In 1933, The Son of Kong.

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent questions! It is appreciated! If someone else has a few more that would be great :D

You could do two sets of questions, one set of average difficulty and one difficult set. After the average questions are answered, you can ask if anyone wants to try their luck with the difficult questions. If there's some cocky co-worker you'd like to humiliate, this is a way to do it tactfully...Happy Holidays!

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Question: What is Keanu Reeves character, Neo, real name in the Matrix.

Answer: Thomas Anderson

Question: What was Judd Nelsons character, John Bender, in detention for in the Breakfast Club.

Answer: False fire alarm.
false alarms, false alarms are pretty funny. What if your home ....what if you family.....what if your dope was on fire. Impossible sir its in Johnson's underwear

Question: What animals DNA was used to complete the Dinosaur DNA in Jurassic Park?

Answer: Frog

Question: What movie does the quote "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges." come from?

Answer: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, surprising how many people don't know that.

Question: What was the first movie to receive a PG-13 rating?

Answer: Red Dawn

Eric Lipp

Agent
Chris,
Good question on The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
I guarantee a bunch of people would say Blazing Saddles on that one.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Chris, I think more people know where the line "Badgers, we don't need no stinkin badgers" comes from than the line that inspired it. But in that case, there are plenty of amazingly quotable lines from UHF

"You gotta grab life by the lips and YANK as hard as you can"

"Stuupid, you so stuupid."

R.J. Fletcher: This is an embarrassment. A disgrace. What do you think R.J. Fletcher Senior would be saying if he were alive today?
Richard Fletcher: "Help me out of this box, I can't breathe in here! Help, let me out!"

But I think one of the all time great questions is:
Q: Who played Alex, the suicide victim, in The Big Chill, and what movie did Lawrence Kasden cast him in as a favor for cutting the actor's scenes out?
A: Kevin Costner, who was later cast in Silverado.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Q: What is the only X-rated movie to win the ‘Best Picture’ Oscar

A: Midnight Cowboy—1969

Q: In what other categories was it nominated and which ones did it win?

A: In addition to ‘Best Picture’, it was nominated for: Best Director (John Schlesinger), Best Writing based on material from another medium (Waldo Salt), Best Leading Actor (Dustin Hoffman), Best Leading Actor (Jon Voight), Best Supporting Actress (Sylvia Miles), and Best Editing (Hugh Robertson). It won for Best Director and Best Writing, in addition to Best Picture.

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Blizzard
1. Name an actor who was in both "Mission Impossible 2"
and Moulin Rouge" ??

Answer: Richard Roxburgh (most folks didn't recognize him as the Duke.) In M:I-2 he was Sean Ambrose's assistant. The one that Sean cut off his fingertip with the cigar cutter.

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Blizzard
Name the actor who was in both "The Fifth Element" and "The Lord of the Rings"
Answer: Ian Holm : He was the priest in TFE and he was
Bilbo Boggens (sp?) in TLOTR.
You could do variations on these two questions......
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks