What's new

Movie Ticket not included in my Predator: CE (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got it from HMV and it had the ticket.

yeah I find it kind of odd that a combination of 2 R-rated franchises put out a PG-13 movie, but whatever. I got a free ticket so I plan on seeing it. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got a ticket in mine today from Best Buy.

And on the note of PG-13, Dark Horizons has an interview with Anderson and they ask about the rating. He claims the movie wasn't cut with a specific rating in mind. Rather, whatever rating it got, they were going to stick with.

BTW, I'm totally psyched about seeing it. Been looking forward to this for a year now.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Sorry Dave, I meant in a previous post that I keep everything intact... I would, but it would make me feel bad.

I would recommend buying a copy, taking the ticket out, and returning it claiming it was not in there...

Ryan

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
OK. Here's an interesting tidbit...

I purchased my copy today from Walmart...and received a ticket (sticker was on package). I look on the back for participating theaters and AMC, which happened to but just about everyone else around me out, is not listed as one of the participating theaters. When I go to www.moviecash.com they list two theaters within my zip code, both which are out of state with the closest being 4 mi.

Movie cash is great...but I would like to choose which theater I can use it. I do remember the AMC theater I prefer did accept my movie-cash for The Two Towers, but I can't remember if they were or were not listed on the back at the time.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I got this number from another thread: I tried calling it tonight and it's a "Twentieth Century Fox Retail Hotline" that is open M-F 8am-5pm.

1-888-223-4FOX

Hope that helps.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
(copying this from the Weekly Releases thread because I'm too lazy to retype)

Well, when I got home with my goods I opened up Predator and no movie ticket. I went back to the store and pleaded my case and went to get another one. I opened it up in front of the staff and no movie ticket either!

Since the DVD itself wasn't defective they debated on giving me a refund (I was ready to argue that the PACKAGING was incorrect) over opening up another one so they called the manager who ok'd it.

I'll try another Target tomorrow.

I was getting concerned while they waited for the manager. The two service desk employees absolutely manhandled the two DVDs! The slipcovers were badly bent after these two got a hold of it. They were prying it wide and bending back and forth as if the magic ticket would appear out of nowhere. So, word to the wise, hold onto that DVD until you can confirm a refund if the same happens to you!

-paul

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Dwayne....

Movie Cash doesn't pick the theatre companies willing to partake, The Theatres circuits do....

So in this case AMC choose not to be apart of the program.

And to all interested.... AVP was very good, and as for the PG-13 rating.... no reason for the MPAA give it an R. Most of the action is between the 2 creatures... What could they possibly do it get an R?

Dugger

Benson R

Supporting Actor

Off the top of my head, alien chestbursters ripping open peoples bodies, predators leaving skinned bodies, acid burning people's skin.

While I agree the focus of the movie predator fighting alien is pg 13 area, going easy on the gore with the human victims because the rest of the movie can await with pg 13.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah the Aliens being true to their Harsh natures displayed in the previous films would lead to an R Rating. This is a pure attempt to capture a young audience to a subject matter that should be in an adult R Rated film.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Why don't ya'll wait to see the movie before complaining about the rating? The MPAA has been getting more and more permissive with violence over the years anyway.

The rating really has very little to do with whether the movie is actually any good or not.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Aside from the cursing, I don't see anything in Aliens that would warrant an R rating nowadays.

The Predator movies were more graphic and would still get R ratings.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor

Thanks for clearing that up, Chris.

Glad to hear that the movie is good.

I have to admit that I thought the PG-13 was an attempt to open the film to a wider market...which it will regardless of whether or not it was their intent.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Went into Target today. At the Service desk I did'nt even have to get the title out of my mouth before they said "Predator" and showed me a memo with a number to call at Fox.

I Spoke to Fox who took my name and info and said they are mailing me a ticket I aked how long that I wanted to see it this weekend and if the ticket takes 2 weeks to get to me it does me no good. They said it would probably come next week. Well this still stinks. Target said both their chain and Media play was affected, so beware there.

My wife is out of town this weekend so I will probably go Saturday when I have the time and pay to get in. If Fox really wanted to do right they would overnight a supply of tickets to the affected store and then have the stores give the tickets out as the people come in, since they are spending their time and money to return to the store a second time.

Between this, the split TV releases, Cuts and old Masters on the lost in space set I am not the biggest fan of Fox Home Video right now.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy called my Target store to see if we were having issues with the tickets (which we were). The problem is all over and not restricted to any one chain.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Man, I'm glad I'm not caving on this SE. Not getting the ticked would have ticked me off.

I'll stick with my DTS Predator and pay $5 for an AVP matinee.

Regarding the ratings, Star Wars has shown us that graphically killing aliens is deserving of a PG rating. So, it's a wonder it even got a PG-13.

Can't wait to see it, though I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing it on my own. Not exactly a date movie--unless she's really cool.

Geoff::L

Agent
I bought mine at Best Buy and it came with the ticket but I accidently bought the full-screen edition. I went to go exchange it and Best Buy says they don't even carry the widescreen edition.:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.