Movie Ticket not included in my Predator: CE

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Porfirio, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

I picked up three copies this morning at Target, and neither one of them had the stupid ticket. [​IMG]

Anyone else get burned by Fox?

BTW, I did get a bonus with my DVD purchase... two loose digipak trays!

PS. Anyone have an e-mail address or phone number to FHV's customer service?

2. Doug:Li

Doug:Li Stunt Coordinator

I also bought three copies this morning from TARGET for me and my co-workers. NO ticket in any of them. This must be a widespread problem. I contacted someone at FOX to let them know, but I havent heard what they intend to do about it.

3. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I haven't opened my copy from Wal-Mart yet but this is going to piss me off if there is on ticket inside as clearly stated on the package[​IMG] Others on other forums are also reporting no ticket inside. Fox better make this right for their customers and I better not have to cut up the package for some UPC code to prove I bought this.

4. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

I thought that some had it and some didnt. but you can tell if there was a sticker on the packaging stating that there was a ticket inside. Maybe im wrong though?

5. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Got mine in the mail today and yes, mine had a sticker outside saying there was a ticket inside and yes, mine had one. It would be a mini poster folded in four and the coupon is attached to that.

Eric

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Has anyone purchased it at Target and gotten the ticket? I was planning on stopping there after work, but I may wait if it looks like a store-wide issue.

7. Tim-H.

Tim-H. Second Unit

FYI, my Best Buy copy had the ticket, behind the booklet.
    (And the shrinkwrap had the sticker.)

8. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Bought today at Target an No ticket as well. This and the issues with dividing TV Sets in half , putting out old versions of LIS, etc is really starting to sour me on this studio.

9. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I bought a copy from Target today and it had the movie ticket in it.

Crawdaddy

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Thanks, Crawdaddy. Guess I'll roll the dice! I'll open it at the service desk, however. . .

11. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Likewise. Mine was stickered as well.

12. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    I got mine from Wal-Mart today. Had to make sure and look on the back first that it was the Widescreen version (glad it wasnt plastered all over the front cover, but some may mistakingly pick up the wrong version) and it had the ticket inside. It had the ticket sticker on the plastic wrapper.

If you ask me I could care less that the ticket was included. The previews for this make it look liek they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of turning older film franchises profitable or video games into movies. One thign struck me that this is the first Predator or Alien film (not that it coutns as either as far as I'm concerned) to earn a PG-13 rating. I think its obvious that cuts were made my the film makers or studio to give it a kinder rating since they are concerned with the finished product. Expect multiple releases on DVD. This film will likely follow in the foot steps of its Predator/Alien predecessors in terms of this getting numerous releases, or being double dipped. Much will liekly depend on how the film performs and if Fox deems it necessary to give it a DVD release worthy of its performance or following.

Granted this probably deserves to be in the thread about Alien vs. Predator, but since this is limked to this topic in some way, just thought I'd chime in.

13. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

I got mine today from best buy, sticker on outside, no ticket inside. I wasnt going to buy the special edition, but did because of the free ticket.

I hate returning things to best buy and I can see this being an extraordinarily frustrating ordeal if there entire stock is sans ticket.

14. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    I mentioned this in the "other" thread: there are two versions for sale, one with a sticker and ticket, one without. The no-sticker/ticket was a bit cheaper, at least in Canada at online places that offer both. IIRC this was announced, for obvious reasons. Not all packages will have a ticket because in a few weeks it wont make much difference and people would complain about the useless ticket... Though I can certainly understand being frustrated if you expected all packages would have a ticket.

15. Benson R

I dont doubt there is a version without the ticket, but many here, myself included have the version with the sticker advertising the free ticket on the outside, and the ticket is missing inside.

16. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Yes, I can see that would be a problem. Trying to convince the store (at least, some stores) you actually didn't get the ticket, that is. And there's not really enough time for a mail correction from the studio.

17. Benson R

This pisses me off because I can probably wine enough for them to let me open another copy in the store, and if that is sans ticket then they will probably just refund my money if I continue to complain.

I can go to another store, but if I open another copy right away, and still there is not ticket they are going to give me a real hard time about returning it if I am trying to do so on the same day I bought it.

18. Ray_R

Ray_R Screenwriter

I purchased mine at Circuit City and asked one of the employees if there were any Widescreen copies in stock. They had at least 19 copies in stock and they brought out all of them at let me look for "the best looking one". Luckily, all copies had the sticker on the cellophane. I looked inside after I opened it and sure enough the Movie Ticket WAS included behind the insert. I guess whomever has a Circuit City in their vicinity, I suggest to buy PREDATOR: Collector's Edition from there if you haven't already done so. Have fun watching the Yautja named Fast Claw do a one over on us "oomans"
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

The copies I picked up had the sticker on the outside, but no ticket on the inside.

20. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Am I the only person who wants the movie ticket, but will not use it? I NEVER take the proof of purchase out, or any insert, regardless of the rebate... I will also not use the ticket. (I work at a theatre, [​IMG] but I would not use it anyway.

Ryan