What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh,

I was kidding with you. Anyhow, can we continue this discussion in a more appropriate thread.

I know but it's still a good point :D And yes, absolutely.

Maybe it was just the pending storm, magical good luck, or who knows what, but my MP screening of Darkest Hour on Wednesday had good projection, a decent sized screen and a quiet audience. If every standard 2D showing was like that, I'd be a very happy camper. That was the first time I used the card where I felt the experience was actually worth paying for, even though I ended up not liking the movie.

I've heard that MP is conducting trials in certain areas for IMAX and 3D usage. I don't think my area is one of those test zones, but I notice that 3D and IMAX movies now appear in the app with their times greyed out; previously, those showtimes just didn't appear at all. So I wonder if that's coming to my area at some point. I hope so.

Gator54321

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
I haven't received my card yet, but my favorite local theater complex has e-ticket so I was able to see my first movie today with this application. It was Molly's Game and I'll probably see it again next week with Movie Pass. My theater didn't have any active kiosk so I simply reserved my ticket ahead of time and then showed the theater cashier my iPhone with the redemption code.

I just signed up on Dec 25th and am still waiting on my card. I tried to use the app and the theater does have etickets but
the app asked for the last 4 digits of my card number. How do you get pass that if you don't have your card yet?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I signed up on the 22nd and got my card this past Thursday. It does take some time. I'm hoping to use Movie Pass tomorrow for the first time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just signed up on Dec 25th and am still waiting on my card. I tried to use the app and the theater does have etickets but
the app asked for the last 4 digits of my card number. How do you get pass that if you don't have your card yet?
When I reserved my ticket using the app it never asked me for the last 4 digits of my card.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
A1CE0D3C-ABEC-4209-B0FA-5AD36F2BA18E.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I know in my case, I shouldn't have a problem with Fathom.

Fathom charges $12.50 for their events nationwide. My local theaters all charge between $16.25 - $18 for a regular admission ticket. So I figure if I wanted to see a Fathom Event, if it didn't appear in the app, I could either select the "Movie Not Listed" button or any other title, and that'll load more credit onto the card than the Fathom ticket actually costs, so it should go through.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
At my screening of the room a manager stopped the movie and then yelled at all of us to stop throwing plastic spoons. Then they couldn't get the movie to start back at the same spot so it took 30 minutes to return to where they were. meanwhile a third of the 90% auditorium left in outrage.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At my screening of the room a manager stopped the movie and then yelled at all of us to stop throwing plastic spoons. Then they couldn't get the movie to start back at the same spot so it took 30 minutes to return to where they were. meanwhile a third of the 90% auditorium left in outrage.
I guess that sucks if someone has never seen the movie before but all that seems worth it for getting to see and laugh at the situation. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My local Regal charged 13.50.

It’s pretty stupid for the manager to do that.
He should have been aware that it would happen.
Also spoons aren’t that hard to sweep up off the floor.

Our crowd was surprisingly unprepared for the spoon throwing. They ran out and someone went up to the front and collected as many as he could.

This was really a blast.

People were reciting the lines.
Making fun of it. Yelling Focus each time the movie was out of focus and it happened more then you might expect.

They all said Hi and bye to whomever entered and left the room.

Before the movie there was a few clips of something that I don’t remember what it was and
two commercials for Tommy’s line of underwear

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks