What's new

mouse cursor moving by itself (1 Viewer)

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
hello. i'm having trouble with my computer. the cursor sometimes decides to move by itself. i don't think it's some kind of trojan horse with some hacker controlling my computer. it's just random movement with occasional right and left clicks. sometimes if it's lucky, it'll click on an icon on my desktop and either drag an icon around or right click something open. it just makes me think that some app is running that wants to irritate me.

for the record, i use a wireless mouse but the batteries are dead right now and in its place i'm using my wacom tablet.

i've done an online scan for viruses and even found a program to remove trojan horses. both searches have come up with nothing. running adaware removed 21 files, but that didn't solve the problem either.

anyone have any other ideas? i'm running winxp pro (sp1) on a dual athlon machine.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Matt,

Does the same thing happen when you are not connected to the internet?

Also, does anyone else in the house use a wireless mouse??

Just a small story. I have a sub connected to my 2.1 system and sometimes when it does it's thing, the mouse cursor moves. However, it's never clicked on it's own.

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
funny thing about being connected to the internet... the first time i saw it happen, i immediately thought "someone's in my computer" so i disabled my internet connection. i continued working for a bit and turned off my computer, forgetting that i'd disabled my connection.

after turning my computer on again later, the cursor wasn't moving by itself. i'd remembered to enable my internet connection and everything was fine for a while. some time later the cursor started up again.

i live in an apartment by myself so unless someone in another suite has a SUPER stong wireless mouse i don't think that's it.

i also have a 2.1 system hooked up to my computer, but this happens whether i'm listenning to music or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks