What's new

More reciever questions (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I'm picking a reciever to go with my Klispch RF3's. I can't decide between Denon 1802, Onkyo 600, and H/K 320. What would you buy?
I would like DPl2, and DTS Neo:6. I don't know much about them, but they look cool. I also want it to sound good in 2ch. I would like clean, dynamic sound. (good built in amps a must!)
My next question is: What kind of options are there in the "on screen menu." What can you do on the screen that you can't do on the reciever's faceplate? I have no clue. My DVD player, and parents VCR have on screen display, and it's pretty simple.
PS. I know what PL2 and DTS NEO:6 are. What's 5ch and 7ch stereo? Thanks for any replies!
:D

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Matthew I am sure the Denon would make the most sense since Denon is considered Warm and Klipsch are definately bright (I own them myself) but I have always been a sucker for the Onkyo/Klipsch combo since I first heard it in the early to mid 90's on my roommates system. Very clean, tight and detailed. Let me stress detailed, but since you own Klipsch you probably like that type of sound. I honestly have never had enough time to listen to an HK outside of a store but I know they are popular. I will just leave that opinion to somebody who has experience with it.
About on screen menus, I wouldn't worry if the receiver doesn't have one. It may be more tedious to set up but it really shouldn't be a deal killer. I think it only adds convenience of actually seeing the changes.
5ch and 7ch stereo is your front and back speakers all playing in stereo. If you have just one center I believe it collapses both channels into it. I have the Outlaw 950 and I really think it does an excellent job at integrating this feature. Its not a staple but when I have some people over it is really nice for a party type atmosphere. I hear the Denon is also very good at this.
Good luck with your decision. :emoji_thumbsup:

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Thanks!
Does anybody think the H/K will die on me? As far as I can tell, they have a lot of problems. Mabey I should save for an Onkyo 700, or Denon 2802:frowning:

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, you just went from an Onkyo 600 to a 700 and a Denon 1802 to a 2802 in less than 30 minutes. I guess when upgradetitis sets in its too late but usually its after you buy it :D. Does the Integra 6.2 have the same problems as the Onkyo 600? That may be worth looking into for a compromise between the 600 and 700.
As far as H/K goes I think they are overall good units but like Onkyo and Outlaw and a slew of other companies recently they have had some QC issues. If you are playing the odds it shouldn't be a defective unit but if it is make sure you have a good return policy.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Thanks! Mabey I'll get a deal on the 700 and 2802:D I take it that out of a bunch of lets say...HK320's, only some will die? And the rest will be fine. I think I might do it! Waiting to see what happends. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks