What's new

More advice on dating required... (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't technically be just knocking on her door. I'll have to "call" her from the security box outside the building entrance, first... Hmmmmm...
OK - added complication which would complicate the issue all-the-more.
Make yourself available to causually "bump-into" her on the outside. Take every opportunity during that point to let her know that you have interest in her, and GET HER NUMBER.
Call her instead of showing up. Trust me - it's can be seen as creepy if a guy just shows up at a woman's door. If she's doing something, you'll have to leave... while if she's doing something and the phone rings (dishes, laundry, dinner, etc.) she can continue doing it, and speak with you at the same time.
Use the phone. The phone is your friend. Just get her number first. :D
Moe.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Blu, Do you have experience with that site and program?
I looked around a bit but I kept seeing Tom Cruise in Magnolia in my mind :)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I may be the master of the obvious, but if she's got a dog, just buzz her and see if she's up for taking the dogs for a walk. And hey ! look ! A coffee shop ! Wanna get a cup ? Instant 1st date, if she looks like she's having a good time, ask her out for dinner.

No fuss. No muss.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I may be the master of the obvious, but if she's got a dog, just buzz her and see if she's up for taking the dogs for a walk.
Unfortunately, no. We first met whilst I was walking my dog, but she was just arriving home from work/school.

Blu

Screenwriter
Blu, Do you have experience with that site and program?

I looked around a bit but I kept seeing Tom Cruise in Magnolia in my mind
Yes, I have ordered products from them and use them all the time. The Tom Cruise thing is based upon the site owner.
I enjoy the techniques while knowing I am making someone happy or smile or feel much better. You recoginize what makes the woman you are talking to feel better and help them accomplish it. They feel better and want to talk to you because you made them feel good. pretty simple stuff really.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I have ordered products from them and use them all the time. The Tom Cruise thing is based upon the site owner.
I enjoy the techniques while knowing I am making someone happy or smile or feel much better. You recoginize what makes the woman you are talking to feel better and help them accomplish it. They feel better and want to talk to you because you made them feel good. pretty simple stuff really.
eeeeeeenteresting. I was curious (of course not curious enough to drop the cash on that stuff :) ) luckily there was a copy of the guidebook in PDF format on kazaa to ease my curiousity.
I honestly can't imagine anyone actually saying any of that to a stranger, much less any intelligent woman buying into it. It's just so.... cheezy.
"picture my voice coming from that space" lol WTF?

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
AHOYFT!!!

Do people actually do that sort of thing nowadays? "Here's my apt. number if you need anything?" That was womanspeak for "You can have my phone number if you ask for it" IMO. But now you're in a pickle because it's weird to be standing outside her apartment and asking her out. Next time you see her start a conversation and ask her out. Or if you are feeling especially bold you could leave a note in her mailbox or on the door or something that says something like "Want to go to coffee @ [insert very public place here] sometime? [insert your name here] - the guy with the dog. [leave your phone number]" If she doesn't call you back in a week then she is not interested.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Or if you are feeling especially bold you could leave a note in her mailbox or on the door or something that says something like "Want to go to coffee @ [insert very public place here] sometime? [insert your name here] - the guy with the dog. [leave your phone number]" If she doesn't call you back in a week then she is not interested.
I considered that course of action, but thought it might be too "junior-high"... Anyone else have an opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks