What's new

Monster Power center ? (1 Viewer)

ScottyH

Agent
Real Name
Scott H
Are these really worth the price? Right now i am just using a basic power strip. I have seen some models off of Ebay for @ 60.00. Is it worth paying this much?

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Well you could pick up the Monster Cable PowerCenter HTPS 7000 MKII

Retails for about $1299.00 is it worth it for the average user.... I think not.

Monster has many different models from $29 to $1299.00. Just as any other manufacturer.

You'll find the word "monster" not exactly friendly here in for the most part as it's most peoples opinion (and mine) that it's just overpriced.

Not that protecting your equipment with a surge protector is bad, but it all depends on what you are running and what kind of "Insurance" you are looking to buy.

You can get a good Surge Protector just about anywhere for less then $50.00
Check the joule rating and what kind of Connected equipment insurance is offed by the manufacturer of the surge protector. Read the fine print on any surge protector and the requirements to collect on what they promise.

Protect your equipment but don't go nuts with overkill.

If you are running a $100,000 home theater then the Monster Cable PowerCenter HTPS 7000 MKII might be a nice addition (at least it looks impressive):)

But for the average user any good surge protector will do. If you like the word Monster then buy Monster, but the name isn't going to give you any better protection then the same rated and insured other brand name products.

ScottyH

Agent
Real Name
Scott H
This is the one i was looking at - HTS 1000 MKII PowerCenter™ with Clean Power™ Stage 2 v.2.0. My Home theater equipment is probably @ $3,000.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

Yes we use all panamax and for less then $100 you get $500,000 connected equipment insurance... for whatever that's worth....I've never had to call in a claim.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I don’t know much about Panamax, though I’m sure that they have good products. Belkin has already been mentioned, and I’d add APC to the list.

IMO, these companies provide a range of surge protectors, voltage regulators and UPS products suited for almost any combination of electronic equipment. I think that both Belkin and APC provide more for less money than Monster (no experience with Panamax), but I am sure there is nothing wrong with Monster.

I have three different, systems in my home: one for my computer equipment, one for my main HT equipment and one for my bedroom TV, DVD player, etc. I use combination UPS/voltage regulator/surge protector boxes. I selected different sizes in each case (my bedroom UPS only has four outlets, for example).

I highly recommend a UPS unit unless you live in an area where you never have power interruptions. A VR is useful if your power fluctuates. Surge protection is a must. Make sure that you can run antenna/satellite/cable feeds through your surge protector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks