What's new

Monster Cable vs. Acoustic Research (1 Viewer)

PeterN

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, hate to bring up this subject again. I did a search and read a few threads. Basically, I'm getting a hook up from a friend that works at BB. I was gonna replace a few "factory" cables with some better ones.

My question is, will I actually tell a difference between MC and AR? It seems like I've heard a lot of people do A/B's and couldn't tell a difference. Can I get some opinions here?

Thanks

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
A lot of it depends on what equipment you are hooking up and what type of signals.

Digital interconnect - no difference

Audio interconnects - most likely no difference

Video interconnects -

- to a 40" display : most likely no difference
- to bigger than 40" : perhaps some difference
- to bigger than 40" and pushing HD signals : more likely
- to a HD front projector with a 80" display : most likely

So it's really about how-sensitive the equipment is and how much amplification/magnification is being done.

brad_p

Auditioning
Bob,

that's interesting,size does matter! (sorry, bad humor)

I have been very curious about the quality of different cables as well. I have a new 60" HD tv, but my new panasonic progressive scan dvd was only $120. It's hard to justify in my mind buying a $80 (MC) cable over a $40 (AR)to hook-up a $120 player. Any input to straighten me and Peter out?

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I use AR cables and get excellent results for both Audio and Video. Get the AR's and don't look back.

PeterN

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm kinda in the same boat Brad. I have an entry level audio setup right now so I can't justify spending a lot on parts that won't give me a lot on return. I figure anything is better than using the cheapo cables I have. Also, with the discount I'm getting and trying to keep my setup under a budget, its tough to choose the M/C.

brad_p

Auditioning
Hey Frank, I looked at your HT pics - Love those Polk LSi speakers. Your obviously a man with a discerning ear. I'm biased however, I work for them :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks