What's new

Monster vs AR (1 Viewer)

Kerry R

Grip
Are the Monster S-Video cables worth the extra $$ over the Acoustic Research S-Video cables. I'm making a trip to Best Buy later today to pick up an assortment of cables and would like to get some opinions.

Thanks

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I think you will find that there are many opinions on the issue of cable quality in general. Different people will give you answers to this and similar questions based on the following factors:
1) their equipment, better equipment makes it easier to tell differences in cables and wires
2) their experience with different cables/wires
3) various theories they have heard
4) their personal bias
5) their typical budget, you can get cables from a few dollars, to a few thousand dollars
Not necessarily in that order :)
Occationally someone will try to take in to account your equipment/budget, but that doesn't seem to happen as often as would be appropreate...
Given that preface, I can offer my personal opinion:
Chances are if you're asking this question your plenty safe going with AR or other decent brand S-video cables. I wouldn't sweat it.

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
I for one have not been at all happy with the Monster S-Video cables. The main problem is that the shells tend to depart from their respective connectors. Not horrible, but not good either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks