What's new

Denon DVD-2200 vs Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Comparison (1 Viewer)

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
Today, I bought the SCD-CE595 at a major retailer and ordered the SCD-C2000ES. Below is a comparison in sound quality in both SACD and redbook using the players DACS.

The equipment that I used for this comparison are:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V640
SACD Player: Sony SCD-CE595
Universal Player: Denon DVD-2200
Audio Cable: Acoustic Research Perfomance Series
Speaker Cable: Monster XP
Speakers: Polk Audio RTI38 (Front Pair), Polk Audio FXi30 (Rear Pair), Polk Audio CSi30 (Center), Yamaha YST-SW305 (Subwoofer)

Build Quailty
Both the SCD-CE595 and DVD-2200 are built good for the respective price range.
Winner: Tie

Features
THe DVD-2200 wins in this category, because it has more features than the SCD-CE595.
Winner: Denon DVD-2200

Redbook Sound Quality
The Denon DVD-2200 redbook sound is undynamic, flat, uninspiring. The SCD-CE595 redbook sound is more alive, more dynamic, but not jaw dropping performance.
Winner: SCD-CE595

SACD Sound Quality
The DVD-2200's SACD sound quality sound is grainy, the sound quality is at the point between dead and alive. It is also listenable. The SCD-CE595 SACD sound quality is very good, clear, alive, detail.
Winner:SCD-CE595

Conclusion
Both the DVD-2200 and SCD-CE595 have very good performance on what they are optimized for. For the Denon DVD-2200 it is for video quality and DVD-Audio. For the Sony SCD-CE595 it is for SACD. I like both the DVD-2200 and SCD-CE595,
I will use my Denon DVD-2200 for DVD-Audio and watching movies and for now the SCD-CE595 for SACD playback until the SCD-C2000ES that I ordered today and comes to my house.

Juan_T

Stunt Coordinator
"
The Denon DVD-2200 redbook sound is undynamic, flat, uninspiring.

The DVD-2200's SACD sound quality sound is grainy, the sound quality is at the point between dead and alive.
"

wow.. and I just bought the Denon 2200 for listening to SACDs and watching DVDs.. I better not look at this forum anymore. To me it sounds great!.. but what the heck do I know. Those are pretty rough statements. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks