What's new

Monster Cable HTS2000 vs the HTS2500? Please help... (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
Ok I plan on buying one of these two units, unless somebody else can suggest something just as good for less money, and I wanted some opinions on the Monster Cable HTS2000 and the HTS2500. As I see it the 2000 has 12 outlets vs. The 2500 10 outlets. The 2500 has the cooler look of being rack mounted, but that also means I have to find room for it. The 2500 also has a couple more bells and whistles on it. Does anybody know how the two of them perform? Another question I have is that I plan on buying one of these from Ebay, would that be a mistake? I was just curious if I would void the monster cable warranty? Has anybody had any experience with buying monster cable stuff of Ebay?

Your help would be appreciated!

james

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
Before you bid on ebay for these check out the prices at either Etronics.com or Soundpros.com. About a week ago (the last time I checked) the ebay prices with shipping were higher than these 2 online merchants including shipping.

james e m

Second Unit
Marc...

Thanks for the tip, I will check out those e vendors. Does anybody have any input on their performance?

James

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i had the 2500 which i sold. i purchased it primarily for the switched outlets and the fact that it had a lifetime warranty / $100,000 insurance. i have since sold it to another member on this forum. personally, i noticed no difference in sound / video quality with the unit hooked up. of course, your mileage my vary depending upon the power in your area but like i said, i couldn't tell one way of the other.

kevin t

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
james e m,

How about posting what you're hoping to achieve through the use of a Monster conditioner? Cleaner power to your components? More outlets? Surge protection?

Depending upon what you're trying to achieve, there may be other products that would either save you money and/or be more effective.

Regards,

Mike

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
I ended up getting a back up "ups" from APC for a total cost of $30 after rebates from Frys' Stores. Works as a line conditioner and protects, also since it is a ups, if you have a power outage it keeps your equipment on for a few minutes allowing you to shut down your system "softly". The insurance coverage was more then enough to cover my equipment, and at those prices you can always get 2 of them. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks