Monster Cable HTS2000 vs the HTS2500? Please help...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Dec 26, 2001.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Ok I plan on buying one of these two units, unless somebody else can suggest something just as good for less money, and I wanted some opinions on the Monster Cable HTS2000 and the HTS2500. As I see it the 2000 has 12 outlets vs. The 2500 10 outlets. The 2500 has the cooler look of being rack mounted, but that also means I have to find room for it. The 2500 also has a couple more bells and whistles on it. Does anybody know how the two of them perform? Another question I have is that I plan on buying one of these from Ebay, would that be a mistake? I was just curious if I would void the monster cable warranty? Has anybody had any experience with buying monster cable stuff of Ebay?

Your help would be appreciated!

james

2. Marc S Kessler

Marc S Kessler Stunt Coordinator

Before you bid on ebay for these check out the prices at either Etronics.com or Soundpros.com. About a week ago (the last time I checked) the ebay prices with shipping were higher than these 2 online merchants including shipping.

3. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Marc...

Thanks for the tip, I will check out those e vendors. Does anybody have any input on their performance?

James

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i had the 2500 which i sold. i purchased it primarily for the switched outlets and the fact that it had a lifetime warranty / $100,000 insurance. i have since sold it to another member on this forum. personally, i noticed no difference in sound / video quality with the unit hooked up. of course, your mileage my vary depending upon the power in your area but like i said, i couldn't tell one way of the other.

kevin t

5. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

james e m,

How about posting what you're hoping to achieve through the use of a Monster conditioner? Cleaner power to your components? More outlets? Surge protection?

Depending upon what you're trying to achieve, there may be other products that would either save you money and/or be more effective.

Regards,

Mike

6. Bert D

Bert D Stunt Coordinator

I ended up getting a back up "ups" from APC for a total cost of $30 after rebates from Frys' Stores. Works as a line conditioner and protects, also since it is a ups, if you have a power outage it keeps your equipment on for a few minutes allowing you to shut down your system "softly". The insurance coverage was more then enough to cover my equipment, and at those prices you can always get 2 of them. IMHO.