What's new

Monster AVS 2000 or Monster MP-HTPS7000? Which one to get? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
it does merit repeating, that if your concern is to protect your equipment and you have no ground then you will have NO protection whatsoever. Not from Monster, not from Panamax. If you're renting, ask your landlord about running a separate line to where you keep your equipment. Maybe the 2 of you can split the costs if it comes down to that. No ground=no protection.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Most balanced power units I am aware of, and that includes BPT :), are over 90% efficient. Any increase in power use was probably not due to this. I personally didn't see any change at all when I added the Equitech.

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
I picked up a 7000 brand new direct from Monster from a guy off eBay last year for $800.00. Great deal.

It is a VERY nice power conditioner. Recommended wholeheartedly.

The 7000 failed on me 4 times
Mine has performed perfectly. It is reasonably loaded with components. Are you sure that you were just not asking too much of it? Although you didn't directly say anything about it, I am assuming by your statements that your system is really power hungry.

Cheers

Andrew B.

Javi

Grip
My 7000 worked great when it was working it just had odd problems. 1st unit display went out, 2nd unit never powerd up,3rd had four dead outlets after 7-days of use, 4th had no signal out for sat. As for the 2000 great unit just was not worth the monthly energy bills, yes it was the unit causing this once I stopped using it bills where normal. I think it may have had something to do with the poor condition of the incoming power. Their where times it had power corrections as high as 24volts, this had to be causing large draws on energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks