What's new

Molly DVD Elizabeth Shue film any good? (1 Viewer)

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...the DVD features an anamorphic 1.85:1 transfer... the only 'extra' is a trailer - rather strange for a movie that, reportedly, never received a theatrical release
(still reportedly, it received its 'premiere' on an airline - and then, again reportedly, quietly died a, reportedly, thoroughly well-deserved death --- but...YMMV, of course!)...
. . . :D . . .

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
As the father of an autistic child, I wanted to like the film but I didn't. The story was far-fetched -- experimental surgery that cures a disease whose etiology no one understands fully -- then maudlin, then ultimately boring. That leaves "Rain Man" and "Mercury Rising" as the only decent movies about autistic people I've ever seen.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It was intended to be released theatrically. I saw the trailer, and a couple theaters had the poster up. Although I haven't seen it, I'd expect that it's quite bad since the studio decided to release it more or less straight to video. The trailer was very mawkish and didn't make it look good IMO.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The trailer was very mawkish and didn't make it look good IMO.
. In the movie, I don't recall Shue's character gaining genuis abilities...just able to break out of her autism...but it was handled quite badly. Skip it and don't worry about it.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks