What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65909 vs. WS-65711 (1 Viewer)

Rick Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The WS-65711 is listed on the Mitsubishi TV site as the new model. However, it does not provide any information. I would like to know what the difference is between these 2 models. When will the new model be out? Has anyone reviewed it yet? I do not want to make the wrong decision on an expensive purchase such as this. Thanks for any assistance.

Rick

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Our local Mits dealers (Tweeter and Widescreen Store) do not have any new models out. The sales reps are claiming the prices are going up and there are no new features, but they are pushing their current stock of xx909s out the door.

Tough time to buy an RPTV !

The tweeter sales rep gave me the 2003 Mits catalog, I can post what the specs say when I get home tonight.

Rick Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the information. I'd really be interested in the specs on the 2003's - WS-65711 particularly. I have all the specs on the 65909.

Thanks again

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Here goes...

7" MicroFine Plus CRT's
Electrostatic Dynamic Focus System
Multi-Coated Lens System w/5 element Tru-Focus
Lenticular Pitch - .52mm
Diamond Shiel AntiGlare screen
IEEE 1394 Network Interface
ATSC HDTV Receiver
HAVi System Control
Comb Filter - 480 line 3D Y/C
3:2 pull down
480p displayed as 480p
480i upconverted to 480p

Format Modes - 480i
Narrow - 4:3
Standard - 16:9 Anamorphic
Expand - 2.35 Widescreen
Zoom - 4:3 Letterbox
Stretch - 4:3 w/out sidebars

Format Modes - 480p
Narrow - 4:3 in scall
Standard - 16:9 Anamorphic

Format Mode - 1080i
Standard - 16:9

Dynamic Beam Focusing
Dynamic White Balancing
Dynamic Black Level Expansion

Horizontal Resolution 1200

Analog Inputs -
2 Analog NTSC Cable
1 Front SVideo
4 Rear SVideo
2 Components (480i/480p)
HDTV Inputs
1 Component 480i, 480p, 1080i
1 RGB, RGBHV 480i, 480p, 1080i
1 VGA input 640x480 overscanned

Digital Inputs -
1 Antenna RF Input w/ATSC Digital Cable
3 IEEE394 Firewire (also output)

From the pictures, they look the same as 55909's. Do your specs show any glaring improvements with the 55711 ?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Sorry for mentioning the 55"ers but the specs for the 55711 and 65711 are the same. Have to move up to the 73711 for 9" CRT's - what a monster !

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
I don't know if you are aware of the "red push" issue on Mitsubishis. In the past, it has always been possible to "tweak" the set (or to have a professional ISF calibrator tweak it), so that this is not a problem. This may be a bit premature, but reportedly Mitsubishi has made some changes, and so far, no one is quite certain how to fix the red push on the new 2003 models. (It is still early, of course.) In the past, with each new year, clever people figured it out. However, none of those tweaks from previous years (so far) have worked on the new 2003s.

The 65909, then, has one added advantage, at the moment. There are people around who KNOW how to eliminate the red push from this set entirely, on all inputs. It can either be done by you, or by a hired calibrator. With the WS-65711, we are all in a state of "waiting" to see if this can be done.

This may be something to think about...

-Bruce in Chi-Town
-Mitsubishi WS-65819, with no red push and no SVM

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Bruce - on the xx909's, aren't you able to easily adjust Red push through the user menu, or is it in the Service Menu ?

I would pray Mits does not take this functionality away in a newer model ! I would think they'd add it into their lower lines. But then again, it could be expensive to implement.

Thanks

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
Kirk:

>>> Bruce - on the xx909's, aren't you able to easily adjust Red push through the user menu, or is it in the Service Menu ? >I would pray Mits does not take this functionality away in a newer model ! I would think they'd add it into their lower lines. But then again, it could be expensive to implement.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

For the other inputs, do you know if color decoding is still adjustable in the Service Menu ? And... how difficult is it to get into the Service Menu ? Do you need special tools, or is it a a combination of hotkeys to enter ?

Thanks

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
Kirk:

>>> For the other inputs, do you know if color decoding is still adjustable in the Service Menu ? >And... how difficult is it to get into the Service Menu ? Do you need special tools, or is it a a combination of hotkeys to enter ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks