What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65869, Opinions.... (1 Viewer)

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to trade my VS-60609 in for this TV. I recently had the pleasure to find out my Mits RPTV doesn't support Progressive Scan, and I need an HDTV to utilize that. I looked at several models, and this 65" Widescreen really catches my eye. Since the new model of this TV is out, they have this TV's price reduced.

Does anyone have this TV and what are your thoughts?

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
The TV is now selling for $3799. It used to be $4999.
If they don't take my TV in as trade, I have to sell my RPTV before I can get the HDTV :frowning: You looking for a nice RPTV? ;)

Rich Sherman

Auditioning
Scott,

It looks like you may be going to Tweeter. I saw the same add ($3799)and was interested in the 65869 as well. I got them down to $3400, so bargain with them if you can.

I'm a day or 2 away from making the plunge, but was looking for some repair history on that set. I was debating the 5 yr service for $350. My wife keeps telling me it's a waste of money. I'm not so sure, yet!

Rich

Jeff Yale

Auditioning
The 65869 is a great tv. I believe the "Perfect Vision" gave it one of this years top rankings. Mitsubishi does give a fantastic image, epecially if you have it professionally calibrated or follow some of the tweaks available on the net. Regarding the extended coverage, here's my spiel: If you can afford to press the power key a year from now, and if it doesn't turn on can buy another one, don't get the coverage. However, if you have budgeted x amount of $$$ on this tv, and couldn't afford a repair of $350 or more, get the coverage. It's that simple.:)

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Rich, I sold my 60" so I will be getting this TV tomorrow. I get a discount on this TV over the sale price, I have a friend that works there. I get about $300-$400 off the $3799 price. I think I will add the warranty myself, I don't want to be moving the TV one day and they try to turn it on and it doesn't work, know what I mean. I will see if they can come down on the warranty too. They want $350 for it as well at Ultimate Electronics.
Man I'm so excited to get this bad boy, it's HUGE! :)

Rich Sherman

Auditioning
Scott,

Good news. Congrats on selling the old one. I feel better about my $3400 offer if you're getting the same from a friend.

I think I'm going with the warranty as well, especially with 0% financing. 5 Years is a long time.

That thing IS huge. I can't wait to replace my 9 year old Sony 53"

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Rich, I just got done paying for it, I pick it up tonight after work. Here's the details for ya....
Regular price to start $4999
Price now for the floor model $3795
Price after initial 10% discount for floor model $3495
Price with "Special discount" :) $3100!!!
Add in 5 year warranty $369
So for a $4999 TV I got it for 3469 with a 5 year warranty. I put the $1500 from the 60" sale down, so it came to like $22xx out the door after tax!
Not too bad I would say :)
You're getting a great deal since it's Tweeter after all, I hear they can be a PIA sometimes for price. Is the one you're gonne get a new in box or open box?
Also another plus is that I can trade it in when the new model comes out, they will give me the FULL price I paid for it and then I pay the difference for the new one. We'll cross that bridge when it comes :)
Let me know if you get yours! I'll let you know how I like mine after tonight :)

Rich Sherman

Auditioning
Scott,

NICE! Especially the trade in option! I just took the plunge last night and I get it delivered on Monday.

I got a "new in the box" for $3400, plus the $350 for the 5 years. $4000 out the door (tax and delivered). They'll also move my old Sony down to the Basement. I can hear the L4 and L5 disks in my back screaming THANKS!

I read your other post. Not TOO excited are you?

Congrats!

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Rich, excellent news buddy, I'm glad you got a new one!! And for that price, unbeatable huh? Man I bet you're dying over there waiting for that bad boy to be delivered!! You're gonna absolutely love it!
What's the L4 and L5 disks? Your disks in you back as in lower vertibre? (sp?) If that's what you mean, I know as well, my ENTIRE body is pissed at me! I moved the 60" RPTV to my friends house, loaded and unloaded that bitch, and then loaded and unloaded the 65", ugh, I'm dying here :) Those are some heavy mofo's!! I couldn't IMAGINE moving them up or down stairs, ugh, poor bastard install guys :D
PLEASE post your results with it, I'm curious to see if I'm not the only one that loves it this much :D

Rich Sherman

Auditioning
Scott,

I'll let you know on Monday.

Yeah, the L4 and L5 are the disks in the lower back that a lot of people (me included) have back surgery on.

It's a very common thing to "pop" when you lift the heavy stuff the wrong way.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks