What's new

Mitsubishi Service menu questions (1 Viewer)

Chris.Gray

Auditioning
I have a mits WT model 46” rear projection TV. Component input #1 and the DTV component input have red bleeding through on black images. If I switch to component input #2 there is no red and black is black. It looks great on that input.

In the past I have entered the service menu and copied settings down and transposed them to other inputs that have had the red in black problem, but this time it’s not working.

If I place a 480p signal on the bad input and copy the values from the good input its still bleeding through and there is no change. So my question is there a global place to set the 480p settings? I know I can toggle through NTSC, 480p, HD, VGA on each input. Do changes to theses modes only impact the input that I am currently in?

Also another strange thing happens. When I am on the component #2 (the good looking input) I enter the service menu, select 480p mode and then start toggling through the each setting and I get the reddish bleed in the blacks at certain points. I only get this when I reach about the 12th item to adjust under the service and I toggle through about 3 or so more and it goes away and back to normal looking. I know I most likely have grayscale problem and I am just looking for a Band-Aid for this issue right now.

Thanks!

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, when you enter the service menu, for the most part the TV stays in whatever color temp setting you have it set to in the user menu. However, on the handful of adjustments that are specifically for the low color temp setting, the TV switches over to the low setting while you have those adjustments up. Then as you cycle through them, it goes back to what you had it on.
Check what you have the color temp set to in the user menu on the problematic inputs. Chances are that the low setting is causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks