1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

avia question--elementary

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy vb, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Jimmy vb

Jimmy vb Stunt Coordinator

I just got a mitsubishi ws55809. The picture out of the box is pretty good but may benefit from a calibration. I could try to find a pro to do it(probably a good idea) but was interested in exploring AVIA or another product.

The user tuning options with the tv are limited to the basics(brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, tint, a couple of mode choices, etc..along with manual convergence options). My question is, does AVIA work using these user options or do you need to go into the service menu(which I am not comfortable with at this stage--unless it is fairly simple). From the AVIA page I get a list of the different tests and menu options but I don't have a sense of how it works. Could someone who has used it give a basic pointer on how these calibration/tuneup programs work and whether they work off of the user adjustments.

2. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Jimmy,

The basic avia tests are sharpness, brightness, contrast, color and tint. Just these user adjustments can have a significant impact on your picture. All you do is follow the narrated instructions for each setting, very easy.

So, YES...avia can help you adjust these.

The disk also has dozens of other tests to help with other tweaking.

3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

There is actually a video segment that walks users through the basics ...

It is a good disc for both beginner and advanced users.

Regards