What's new

Mitsu WS-65907 (1 Viewer)

Dan Melo

Auditioning
I just recently got my tv. However, there seems to be a problem. For those of of you that are familiar with the Diamond HDTVs, you know that the tv comes with an optional diamond-brite screen. This screen that's put on the tv is made of some sort of plastic and as you know plastic tends to bend or warp no matter how it's supported.
Now, my question for you is this, on the tv, when i'm watching movies or something there tends to be some type of warping or rippled look to the image. Could this be this diamond-brite screen that is possibly just bending or could it be that the tv needs to be calibrated in the convergences and geometry section? The best way to see this problem is obviously with the credits of a film or when you have a still picture in the movie and the camera is moving from top to bottom. This is when this problem is evident.
Someone please help with this. Is the tv going to look better any ways if I take that screen off or does is actually enhance the picture of the tv?
Thanks.

Tom Damico

Auditioning
Unless you have small children, you should remove the glare screen. The key here is the word glare!!
Instructions to do so are on the home theater spot web site. I followed them and removed my glare screen in a few minutes, Now there is no more glare
TomD

Dan Melo

Auditioning
It's not the glare that is an issue I can live with that, I have a very dark room, it's the ripples in the picture, such as when the credits start rolling or you have a still picture on the screen that pans up and down when this waving is evident. Thanks.
anyone else?

Will Munshower

Auditioning
Dan,
It sounds like you are describing bad vertical linearity. In other words, your convergence boxes should be the same height and width. Do you notice during scrolling credits that the spacing between the lines change? If so, it is safe to say that you have a linearity problem. Not a big deal to fix. I suggest that you head over to the "Home Theater Spot". They have a ton of Mits stuff there. Regards...Will

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks