What's new

Mits, RPTV and Macro's? (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Is there any way to get these tv's to switch video inputs with macros from a universal remote? Most tv's you can go channel up to get you back to "Ant A" but Mit's will not do it.

Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Hmmmm, I have worked with a few Mits RPTV and none would do it. The latest I am programming a remote for a friends' new 16:9 HDTV (builtin HDTV tuner) and the macro's will not work because we can't switch the inputs on the Mit's.

Anyone with any ideas?

Wes

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I can't get it either using my Harmon Kardon receiver remote. I setup the TV on my Sony T-60 DirecTV/TIVO receiver remote, and it changes the input using the TV/Video button.

Chris_JH

Grip
If you have a universal remote that allows you to program "advanced codes" onto certain buttons, the advanced codes for discrete Mits inputs have been discovered.

Check out http://www.hifi-remote.com/codes2/TV_0150.shtml and the JP1 group on yahoo! groups (groups.yahoo.com).

Ive successfully been able to assign discrete input codes to "phantom" buttons on my Radio Shack 15-1994 remote, and now have macros that will turn the TV on (using a discrete on code, so I dont need to know if the TV is already on or off), turn the dvd player on and hit play, turn the receiver on and change to the correct audio input, and then setup the volume control to point at the receiver.

Works great, but I find its actually hard to get the wife to use it because its *too* easy........she's expecting more than just pushing one button.

-Chris

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
The Radio shack 15-1994 I am using will pull the tv inputs up but unless you can program the macro to always go to a known input to start with you have no idea how many times you will need to press the input button to always get to a certain input of a particular macro command.

Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks