What's new

MISSISSIPPI BURNING coming to bluray. (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I am pleased like alot of others that A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS is coming to bluray. Lets not forget another terrific film also coming to bluray from Twilight Time--MISSISSIPPI BURNING. I am always pleased when we get a film from one of my favorite directors--Alan Parker. Still waiting for some of his other films to hit bluray---BIRDY----ANGELA'S ASHES---SHOOT THE MOON.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, I'm glad to see this happening. I suspect the reason the movie has had an uneven time on home video is that its ownership has changed a few times. It was released by Orion in theaters. I recall it had a cheapo company release on VHS, and it was released on DVD, but not being part of Warner's or Fox's stable of films, it was often overlooked. But it's a great film and deserves a great presentation on blu-ray. Twilight Time has done a great job with their other releases.

Anyone know what day it's available for preorder?

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
trajan said:
I am pleased like alot of others that A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS is coming to bluray. Lets not forget another terrific film also coming to bluray from Twilight Time--MISSISSIPPI BURNING. I am always pleased when we get a film from one of my favorite directors--Alan Parker. Still waiting for some of his other films to hit bluray---BIRDY----ANGELA'S ASHES---SHOOT THE MOON.
Don't forget PINK FLOYD THE WALL!

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Ward: Just don't lose sight of whose rights are being violated!
Anderson: Don't put me on your perch, Mr. Ward.
Ward: Don't drag me into your gutter, Mr. Anderson!
Anderson: These people are crawling out of the sewer, Mr Ward! Maybe the gutter's where we outta be!

[some sparkling dialogue in this film]

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
trajan said:
Don't hold your breath for SHOOT THE MOON. It's with Warner Bros. Powerful film, one of the best to deal with divorce and its impact upon a family. Flawless Albert Finney and Diane Keaton performances. This just didn't even hit a single for MGM. I was even surprised it came out on DVD.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Now if we can only get the made for TV prequel: Murder in Mississippi. I think that this made-for-TV movie was an excellent production, and love the DVD that I have of it. That'd be a great combo to have!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
BTW, was just looking at the DVD of MB, which has the director's audio commentary and the trailer. So, the blu-ray adds the isolated score to those extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks