What's new

Mirage FRx-3 at AudioAdvisor for $149 shipped (1 Viewer)

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if anyone can give me an opinion on these speakers. Apparently they have been discontinued and they are clearing them out.

I have been looking for a relatively inexpensive pair of speakers to give to my daughter to use for music. They are fairly high efficiency at 90db and have a 3/4" ferro-fluid metal tweeter and 6.5 in woofer. For the money, they look like a great deal, however if they are bright or at all harsh sounding then I would like to avoid them.You can check them out the deal here.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I have the Mirage Frx-r's which are essentially the same speaker, but with 2 opposing tweeters (makes them omnipolar for rear effects). Got them hooked up to a Denon 3802 and paired with Energy e:XL 26s up front. They sound phenomenal.

This is a great price, and probably the best deal on bookshelf speakers out there today. imho.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I would've jump on these if I didn't purchased my Energy C-1 already. From the same company, and agree with Kirk, it IS the best deal out there today.

Kelly N

Agent
I jusr ordered a pair of these tonight, (birthday present from my wife). They will be used primarily for monitors for audio and video editing with my Mac. I'll let you know how they sound if I get them quick enough to voice an opinion before the deal is gone. They should be simple enough to drop in place of my NHT SuperOnes for evaluation purposes.

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone compare these speakers to the JBL S series or the Paradigm Titan? I am finishing my basement, and will need new speakers. I was going to wait until the end of the year, but if this is that good of a deal....

Also, it sounds as though this is a discontinued speaker. Would it be a bad idea to buy two sets, and whatever center channel matches. Which center would that be, and at approximately what cost?

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
I'm probably going to pick up 1 or 2 pairs of these, but can anyone recommend a decent center channel to match with these? I can't find the FRX-Center anywhere online, and the nearest Mirage dealer to me is not conveniently close, and I don't think they have them in stock anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks