What's new

"Millions" Question (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Acording to IMDB, Millions was edited to go from PG-13 to PG.

Does anyone know whether that was from a European release to a US release; or was it from theatrical release to DVD? And if it was the latter, does anyone know what was edited out?

And better yet, if someone knows how to look this up, I'd love to know that even more.

I loved this movie when I saw it almost by accident in the theater (nothing the kids and I wanted to see was playing, so we just picked this) and I'm sure I'll enjoy the DVD. But I'm just curious to know any differences from the movie I saw.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al:

That's interesting news. I cannot find anything about it anywhere in my usual haunts. I did scare up this small nugget which speaks to ratings (but UK ratings):

The DVD provides feature-length audio commentary by Boyle and Boyce, and I found that to be quite enjoyable. They're jolly types, who jocularly claim that any British film must mention cups of tea, have a scene in a toilet, and have trains. Boyle says that "Millions" got a 12A certificate in the U.K. (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult) because kids are shown playing near train tracks.

Here's the LINK to the full review of the DVD.

My family enjoyed this movie COMPLETELY.....right up until the last five minutes or so. That final "fantasy" sequence took me right out of the story. A MAJOR letdown! As I sit here now, I've got a warm feeling for the story and the performances...but I know when I sit down to watch it again I'm going to get very angry at the way that movie ended.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I like the ending music.
too much BASS throughout.
a couple of adult scenes otherwise.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
According to the IMDB the film was shown theatrically in America as a PG-13 and the PG version is identified as the "edited version".

Lame news for fans of the film.

EDIT: The DVD is definately only availible as PG.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
The film was most definitely NOT PG-13 in theaters. I saw it and my sister has the poster hanging in her room. It has the PG ratings box on it. If you go to the MPAA's website and look up the rating for Millions it says it was rated PG-13 in 2004 and then edited, which must have been before the theatrical release in 2005.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

Elijah, if you don't mind, where on the IMDB site do you see that it was shown theatrically as PG-13?

I see the following, but I couldn't tell from that when the edit was made.

(from IMDB:) Rated PG for thematic elements, language, some peril and mild sensuality. (edited for re-rating)
Runtime: 98 min
Certification: ... / USA:PG-13 / USA:PG (edited version) ...

And as I type this I just remembered the zoom-in on the nipple of the lingerie advertisement. I bet that's out.
(At least I hope that was a scene - that, or I've just given myself away ...)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
nipple shot is in, along with parent's bedroom stumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks