What's new

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue Q (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
Is the SACD a hybrid disc? Is the redbook version on the SACD better than a regular cd? Just looking to get the best version of this cd, even though I don't own a SACD player.

Thanks

Nick

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
No, not a hybrid disc.

The 20-bit remaster on CD is excellent though. The sound of the SACD is better, but not an enormous improvement.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Columbia/Legacy CK64935 is the one you want (as opposed to C/L CS64935, which is the SACD). It's clearly stickered as the remastered, 20bit version.

MC = multichannel. Not relevant for you, as you have no SACD player. But I agree with Lewis; it is nicely done.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Columbia/Legacy CK64935 is the one you want (as opposed to C/L CS64935, which is the SACD). It's clearly stickered as the remastered, 20bit version.
IIRC, they had it at Costco a few months back for about $10.

I picked up because I had no Miles in my collection, and it is such a highly regarded title, I needed to hear what I was missing.

Lets just say I have yet to develope the proper appreciation for Miles, but I am working on it.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks