What's new

Might need to upgrade??? (1 Viewer)

brad25

Auditioning
Real Name
brad
Hi, this is my first post here and just had a quick question.

I have a Denon AVR 3803 reciever and I'm thinking of going with something newer that had hdmi inputs. This reciever works well but dosen't have enough inputs to hook up everything I want to.

I will list what I have , It all came with the house when we bought it a few years ago.
Dennon avr3803 reciever
Sony VPL-vw10ht projector
Energy connoisseur c8 front speakers (2)
Energy center channel speaker -don't know model
Energy speakers in the ceiling (2)
Energy rear speakers (2)
Energy subwoofer

I don't want to go down on power but was wondering if there is something compreable for around $500 with Hdmi inputs that is good quality?
Thanks, Brad.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Upgrading is always good. Whether you need to or not, depends on what you want to do, which you didn't say. If you're thinking about blu ray, you can get one that decodes the HD audio internally, and sends it out via 5.1/7.1 multi-channel analog outputs. Your receiver has the multi-channel analog inputs (EXT. IN), so you can hear the HD audio soundtracks that way.

This blu ray player is a good one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-N460-Blu-ray-Player-Black/dp/B002PHM0XQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=tv&qid=1260750099&sr=1-4
It has the analog outputs, streams NetFlix and YouTube video, and is at a very good price right now.

If you need HDMI inputs for other stuff too, this is a good receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR707-7-2-Channel-Surround-Receiver/dp/B002DSMNPC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1260750456&sr=1-9
Good luck with whatever you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks