What's new

Midtown Madness 3! (1 Viewer)

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
I thought if you were LIVE without headset, all the other voices would come through your speakers, and you'd have to either play with no sound or mute every other gamer? Isn't this the case?

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Carlos:

There is a two player split screen mode in single player. No four player though.

If you unhook the headset module from the controller, you will get NO voice whatsoever. You won't be able to talk, or hear the other players.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Is there anyway to unlock all the cars in single player, without doing the missions? I'd like to drive around in them, and have fun playing the game with my son, but the single player missions seem so dry...

Paul Grabelle

Auditioning
My gamertag is Beggar. Please count me in on any MM3 live games. Send me a private message here or look for me online thanks. BTW, I am EST.

Ike

Screenwriter
Can 2 players play online at the same time? I was disappointed that you couldn't online and split screen in Unreal or Wolfenstein at the same time.

Also, what would you compare the car physics to? I really like arcade handling, something like Burnout. I've played MM1 and 2 and found the handling easy enough. Has it been changed?

I just got on and have found nothing bad bad attitudes...so please add me to any of your friends lists as I would love to play!!!

GT - RadioThumb

I am usually on around 6pm Pacific

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Can 2 players play online at the same time? I was disappointed that you couldn't online and split screen in Unreal or Wolfenstein at the same time.
No joy! Only one player on Live from that machine. I too wish they would have supported the guest feature.

I'm more dissapointed that there is no 4 player split-screen. It seems like they should have been able to do this, as the system link option supports 8 players. Or is that if you connect 4 Xboxes together?

Carlos,

Midtown only supports 1 player per xbox for system link. So if you want 8 players you will need 8 Xbox Systems.

I have a link setup with 2 systems and was disappointed that I could not have more than 2 players. Midnight Club 2 is the same way through System Link.

-Chris

Gamertag: Hick98

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, do you guys know if MM3 allows split screen over system link. I know MM3 doesn't allow split screen over live (a la Mechassault), but does it offer split screen over system link. Basically, do you need 8 XBOXs or just 4 XBOXs to play 8 player MM3 over system link?

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I rented this game tonight and I'm pleasantly suprised, it is really fun. Normally I don't get in to racing games but the fast paced non-expert style of this one is growing on me. I just sat through several races without putting the controller down. I even began to get really into it cussing out my computer controlled opponents. I haven't tried any Live play yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks