What's new

Midnight Club 2 vs Midtown Madness 3 (1 Viewer)

HalRoth

Agent
Just rented MC2 on the PS2, its a very fun game, but i was expecting more of a sim as in tokyo extreme racer. Once I realized how arcady it was, i began to wonder how this game differs from Midtown Madness 3. Any insight would be wonderful. I have never played any of hte midtown madness series, so Im not really sure what to expect. Maybe someone who has played both mc2 and mm2 can give their views.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
well, I for one know that Im going to be picking up MC2 over MM3 for the Xbox, (probably).

Midnight Club II is all about 1 thing, speed, and intense over the top racing/driving.

Midtown Madness, while not as focused on speed, is very similar in that its a very huge openended city that you can go just about anywhere in.

MCII has made up cars, MM3 has real licensed cars. MCII, has a race editor, not sure if MM3 does. In MCII you can hit the pedestrians, no matter how hard you try, you cant in MM3. (somehow, they always seem to get out of the way)

Overall, while they are both online driving games, they are probably very different. I simply opted for the Xbox version of MCII because of the headset support online. I just cant imagine driving around a literally endless city with other online gamers, only to not be able to explain to them how to find me, or how to his this certain jump etc.

HalRoth

Agent
It wraps around. Youve made a wise decision in waiting for the xbox version, this game definately needs voice. Although, I am thinking about getting mm3 instead, seems like it could be more of a sim than mc2

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Midtown Madness for me.

3 reasons:

1-Midtown Madness 1 was great!
2-Midtown Madness 2 was solid, if not great.
3-I'm giving Microsoft some love.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Although, I am thinking about getting mm3 instead, seems like it could be more of a sim than mc2
Only in the sense that it's 100% not a sim... If Midtown Madness 3 is a "sim racer", it's a major depature to the series. So far, they've always been about over the top physics & handling combined with fun gameplay.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I'm very impressed with how MC2 plays online on the PS2. If they can keep that smoothness on Live! and add voice, I think it will rock. The single player game is good and, not being a gearhead, I'm not all that interested in car licenses as a major selling point. At this point, MM3 is really going to have to show me something to sway me from MC2.

HalRoth

Agent
I do realize mm3 is far from a sim. But i said more of a sim than mc2. mc2 was just way too arcady. I want to be awarded for my quick reflexes and and witty driving. Not pummelled by an AI bus that I can't avoid.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to play both to decide, but right now I'm leaning towards MM3 as I loved the 1st one. I haven't played either of the MC games, so it's hard to know if I'd like it (although I'm sure I probably would).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks