What's new

Middle Atlantic In-wall Equipment Rack-Help (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
As promised.....

Here's a picture of the rack up close, the components. I need to come up with a solution for covering up the rails, but that should be easy. I just used Parts Express shelves. If I got different and more shelves I could make it look better and I'm thinking of doing so. For example, look at the top three components. I could replace the 2-space shelf for the Outlaw with a 3-space shelf, move the 2 space shelf down to the Sony SACD player, then get a 3 space shelf for the Technics DVD-Audio deck. That would make the rails seamless. I couldn't do that all the way down the rack because of the way I have the shelf over the LD player "jury-rigged" to fit (it's crammed between rack spaces, not in one), and I think there are better solutions for just plain covering the rails out there.

But you can get an idea, if the rack shelves were better sizes as described above, and I had some more spacers like the one over the Outlaw, I could put together a very clean look without having to spend the $150 or so per component for the cutom shelves.

Here's a little better look at the room itself with the rack in the wall. Remember all my amplifiers are in the back room, as is my DD decoder that I use for LD. The Radio Shack A/V switches will probably end up there too eventually if I can't come up with a cosmetically more appealing way to accomodate the switching. I intend to trim this like a window eventually.

Here's the area under the stairs. The Sherwood amplifier is too heavy for the rack on the wall, and there really isn't room for it there anyway. I have some sound deadening blankets that I got from Markertek that I intend to hang to separate this part of the unfinished basement section from the rest of it.

No need to have anything available to the world but the stuff you need to get to. I could get an IR repeater and move the Dish box back here if I want.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
That is insanity, Phil. It makes me want to attack my piddling little components with a baseball bat, a golf club, a rake, a shovel, and a bottle of beer. Or yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.