What's new

Microsoft Products and the new Virus Defs from Symantec (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
All day today I've been trying to fix my pc at work. It seems that everytime I opened Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, it would take about 2 to 3 minutes and would display the message "Requesting Virus Scan"...I also experienced incredibly long freezes when I tried to get properties on certain files.

I finally noticed that it took forever to get into my Norton Anti-Virus app. I believe I had narrowed it down to Norton.

So, I was talking to a friend (on the way home from work) and she was saying how her Microsoft Word blew up on her today. I didn't think anything of it until I got home and tried to open Word...The same damn thing is happening on my home pc.

I also run Norton at home (as well as my friend) and I do recall my virus defs being updated yesterday (i.e. they are set to automatically download new defs).

I haven't read anything on Microsofts or Nortons site about this. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or heard about it????

Thanks

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Symantec link Steve it seemed to do the trick here at work (and on my friends computer). I see that Symantec still doesn't know what the issue is. Hopefully they'll fix it soon because I'm not about to do the Verisign Certificate update that people are suggesting from the other sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks