What's new

MGM MOD: Fox Bows On Demand MGM Movies for Retailers (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the list. I'm a little sad to see The Music Lovers there since this superb production (a typical over the top but quite mesmerizing Ken Russell film) is relegated to MOD. I was actually hoping MGM might select it for one of their budget Blu-rays.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Does anything that wasn't on DVD before make it to Blu?
Anyway, happy to see THE CREEPING UNKNOWN and the delightful SUGAR HILL ("and her zombie hitmen!") on there.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Holy cats, they're actually releasing their Monogram licensed films and not only that, got The Living Ghost out of public domain hell!

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Australia is getting blu-ray releases of The Honey Pot in October and Futureworld in November. Both titles got MOD treatment in US...

FrancisP

Screenwriter
GregoryMesh said:
Australia is getting blu-ray releases of The Honey Pot in October and Futureworld in November. Both titles got MOD treatment in US...
Futureworld is also available as a Region 2 release as well. Got mine from Amazon UK. No extras but it looks good.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Enjoy your Blu of Futureworld. It may be one of the last "pressed' discs of a deep catalog title you'll see before the MOD thing spreads to your neck of the woods :D

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I'm happy to see some exploitation titles like ACT OF VENGEANCE and THE CHRISTINE JORGENSEN STORY being released. Now, I wish that MGM would release UNHOLY ROLLERS starring drive-in queen Claudia Jennings.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
As a film collector, I appreciate MGM MOD releasing an eclectic mix of films each month. However, there are a few titles, some from Samuel Goldwyn, some from Selznick International, and some from United Artist that have yet to appear on DVD. Unless the copyright(s) has(have) switched hands, I hope that the powers of MGM MOD will soon release The Other Love (1947), The Naked Edge (1961), Goodbye Again (1961), A Bill of Divorcement (1932), The Farmer's Daughter (1947), These Three (1936), and last- and certainly not least- Wuthering Heights (1939). The possibility of putting every film on DVD or MOD as soon as customers would like remains an impossible AND impatient request, but I cannot believe that some of the previously mentioned titles solely remain in a VHS (and OOP) format. Oh well, fingers crossed, and here's hoping :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
FrancisP said:
Futureworld is also available as a Region 2 release as well. Got mine from Amazon UK. No extras but it looks good.
The Honey Pot is also available in Region 2.

benbrigade

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
john knight
Anyone considering buying THE CREEPING UNKNOWN (THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT) please note that
Icon UK will release the film in a double bill with QUATERMASS II (ENEMY FROM SPACE) at a bargain
price in September. Icon will also release the OOP THE ABONIMABLE SNOWMAN as well.
They are already up on Amazon UK.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Sweet mother of Jesus, I got THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN today in the mail. I can confirm it IS anamorphic, and what ISN'T advertised on the back of the DVD is that the trailer comes with it. COME PREPARED is the tagline. Are there trailers included on QUEEN OF BLOOD and THE AMBULANCE? Oh, and the trailer is NOT anamorphic.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by SWFF /t/305482/mgm-mod-fox-bows-on-demand-mgm-movies-for-retailers/390#post_3845247
Sweet mother of Jesus, I got THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN today in the mail. I can confirm it IS anamorphic, and what ISN'T advertised on the back of the DVD is that the trailer comes with it. COME PREPARED is the tagline. Are there trailers included on QUEEN OF BLOOD and THE AMBULANCE? Oh, and the trailer is NOT anamorphic.
My review of Queen of Blood will give you that answer, but, in a word, no.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Screen Archives will be offering 25% off all MGM MOD discs during the month of September; just use the code "MGM" during final checkout. (Info courtesy of The Classic Horror Film Board).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
No trailer on THE AMBULANCE, eiither. Master list here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/303050/master-list-warner-archive-other-studio-mod-dvds-with-trailers

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
SWFF said:
Screen Archives will be offering 25% off all MGM MOD discs during the month of September; just use the code "MGM" during final checkout. (Info courtesy of The Classic Horror Film Board).
They also just jacked up the price of all the ones that were $14.95 (including THE MUSIC LOVERS) to the $19.95 price. So there's the 25%!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks