What's new

Merged Thread: LOTR: ROTK - Theatrical & EE Release Dates? & DVD Features (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
For $3, I'm betting it'll ship flat. But we'll see. I got it shipped to work, just so my mailman won't fold it in half to fit it into my mailbox, like he was kind enough to do with my Jurassic Park case.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Never got a confirm e-mail. Should I retry? Got a page stating my order number was: and then nothing. No number. Still waiting for the e-mail :)

Take care,
Chuck

Real Name
Karl
I never got a confirmation number/email from last night either. I just tried to order again with the same information as before and wasn't able to. It says I'm already in the system. You might want to try that just to verify that your order has been received.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
To answer Chris W.'s question from page 19...my Minas Tirith also has the grey knob. Maybe they decided the White Tree was too fragile to include? Also haven't received a confirmation email from the slipcase offer (ordered at 9am EST today), not sweating it though...great looking set!

-matt

p.s. now, to order or not to order the Minas Morgul piece!? $75 is tough to bite on at the moment (Xmas gifts!)

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
Did Best Buy offer any extras with the DVD set this year? Last release they offered a nice Entertainment Weekly magazine that had a lot of little inside stories.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up the EE before lunch today, but I've got a few more hours to go until after work. Also, hopefully my friend won't be too late coming over to watch it. Gotta have some willpower until then.

It's calling out to its master...it wants to be seen...

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
At Best Buy, they were selling the EE boxset. That gold box looks quite nice. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Hey everyone,

Could I hi-jack this thread just for a moment?

I'll be doing the HTF review for this disc and I *finally* got the DVD Yesterday (Michael had mailed it to me in time to get it on Saturday but the mailroom at my apartment building screwed things up and only "found" the mystery package at 6pm yesterday!!!)

So my advanced appologies on a post-street-date review!

Stayed up till 2am looking at disc one :D :D :D

Anyway, here's what I'd like to ask everyone:

What's important for you in this review?

[*]I do plan to go all out in terms of image and sound as I usually do on big titles like this. Are there any particular issues you'd like looked at?
[*]I don't have a center-rear speaker yet but my decoder can do 6.1 DTS ES and I'm tempted to grab a hold of an extra set of speakers just to do some experimenting (though they'd be mounted *above* my head over the sofa as the couch backs up against the rear wall...side-mounted dipole L/R surrounds currently). Is testing full-decoded 6.1 very important to you?
[*]Also, regarding extras, since the disc will already be available, just how detailed do you want me to get?
[*]Would you mind if the review was posted in "stages"...like day one an video review...day two an audio review...then extras etc.? Would you prefer this to me waiting several days to post anything at all?
[*]Would any of you like to assist with the review? I'd especially love someone to write me an "about the movie" review regarding the extended cut, would love for someone who's a fan and who's taken the time to share their thoughts on the extended scenes, and if anyone wants to details all the special features that would be welcome too. I'm planning on doing it all to the best of my ability...but those are definitely some things I'd love to share if you're a fan, have the knowledge, and would like to share your insights with everyone else at HTF in the "official" HTF review.
[/list]
Ok...looking forward to your input here. My current plan is to post the review in stages just because of the time/volume involved and I hope to have, at least, something regarding film and image quality up in the next day or so with more to follow!

in case you're wondering... the image quality on my 106 inch screen is by far the very best of any of the LOTR films thus far...one or two *minor* faults but definitely a stunning, stunning image loaded with natural detail and depth.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Whatever you do David will be great. Your reviews are always informative and attention to the details we care about. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
i personally prefer complete (as in not "multi-part") reviews that are therefore slightly less "thorough"...as many have stated, most would buy this no matter what the review said-that being said, I LOVE reading reviews, but for me you dont have to delve so deep that the review requires multiple "chapters" & days to write :)...tell us if you like it, if you think it looks good/sounds good, a little about the extras, & call it done! :)
I llok forward to HTF reviews perhaps more than any others for this very reason! good luck!

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Watching/Listening to the Howard Shore disc.

Anyone know if there are plans to make a full concert DVD?

Ray

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
DaViD,

15,000 words minimum (in 9-point type).

Or, since everyone and their brother is buying it, you could just write, "Buy the damn thing! It's great!"

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
DavidBL,

I told my wife not to even think about putting this on my Christmas list because there was no way I was going to wait to watch it.

Maybe you should try for a special Christmas/ROTK EE exemption.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor

Actually, the small grey nob is where the small grey nob should be. It's the fountain. The white oak should be to the right forward corner of the fountain, but is completely missing.

Probably the easiest way to make a tree would be to use some very fine stranded electrical wire and spread and twist it into tree shape. Dip in grey paint and then drill a very small hole for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks