What's new

Merged Thread: Back To The Future.... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Mwuuhahahahahahhah hehehehehheheheh heeeee heeee heee heee....
Just your mindless post in preperation for waisting time. Tommorow can't come soon enough. It'll be a great thing to see it lying on my door stop as I come back from the dentist :)...
But here's a question. Anyone think that it'll be kind of bittersweet to have them after waiting so long? Or will you be so glad, nothing can dampen your enthusiasim for getting 'em?

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Can't wait! My order shipped Friday, I might have it tonight when I get home, that's even sweeter!

Edit: SWEET! It's at my home right now! WOOHOO!!!!!

ChrisPi

Auditioning
My enthusiasm will never be diminshed for this release! The BTTF series is what got me seriously into movies (and sci-fi, to a degree) and it's like my holy grail. I've worn out 3 copies of BTTF 1, and quote it daily.
I can't wait for this to come out! WOO HOO!
unfortunately, I'm buying it for my sister for x-mas, and I'm getting it from her, so I've gotta way another 10 days....ugh! It's like torture I tells ya! TORTURE! ;)

ChrisPi

Auditioning
well, now upon reading the thread about BTTF WS Framing issues....i'm saddened and upset about it.
it's like a stomach punch. :frowning:
I sincerely hope there's some mixup, and that everything is fine, but that wishful thinking hasn't worked...ever.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
There's already a slight dialog change. When Doc Brown pulls out the DeLorean and gets out of the car he says "Marty, you made it". The line is the same on the DVD, but it's a different take than what's on 35mm/Laserdisc (I had both).

I noticed that specifically because it overmodulated on both 35mm and LD, so I wanted to see if it overmodulated on the DVD. Well, it doesn't, but it's a different take.

*shrug*

Mike

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Have fun with the DVD. Im waiting till there are some concrete details about the framing mishap.

Eric_Powers

Auditioning
I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Back to the Future DVD Trilogy is cased like for example the Buffy sets or is it three snap case's with the DVD cover art?

James L White

Supporting Actor
I am still in shock that BTTF and DVD go togteher :D I sure hope it come in the mail tommororw I've waited this long don't wanna have to wait longer for it.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Mine shipped a couple of years ago, apparently.

Dec 17, 2002 12:34:00 AM EDISON NJ US ARRIVAL SCAN
Dec 16, 2002 11:19:00 PM HORSHAM PA US DEPARTURE SCAN
Dec 16, 2002 03:14:11 PM HORSHAM PA US ORIGIN SCAN
Dec 15, 2002 02:56:11 PM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Nov 22, 2000 07:10:08 AM NEW CASTLE DE US SHIPPED

Ironic, no?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am just going to rent Part I since I am not buying the trilogy until mis-framing issue is settled. I do look forward to seeing this on DVD.

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
I just went out and bought the BTTF Trilogy at may local Wal-Mart since they are open 24/7 and no one else is open at 7 am. I thought I would go early and beat the crowds because my local WM is jammed packed all the time and it is just a hassle. Anyway, I stroll in about 7 am and once I get back to the electronics dept there are like 20 people back there waiting for an employee to come back there. I ask someone if they were all waiting on BTTF or Minority Report?? Few said both and some just said BTTF. To sum this up quicker, I start looking around and know from previous work experience that if you see a display covered up it must be some kind of new release. I head over and peek under a cardboard covered display and see it is BTTF. I grab the 1st Widescreen copy off the shelf and turn to see just about all of the mob heading toward me. They all tear into the display and grab up a good portion of the WS copies. So if you live in the Knoxville area go grab yours quick because there seems to be a lot of BTTF fans in the area. Now if you want crappy full screen, no need to rush because there are plenty of those on the shelf. I am finally done with the story.

I checked out Back To The Future Pt 1 and Ron nailed it on the head as usual. The picture looks better than my VHS version but not much. Sound is awsome though....really clear and smooth.

Hope everyone enjoyed this very long post...sorry so long.

DF

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I was looking forward to buying BTTF, but will be waiting until I hear something about the framing issues being resolved. I have several coworkers who will also not be buying at this time for the same reason.

I hope they get it together and resolve this issue!

JimmyK

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Hey all,

I received my BTTF set last night in the mail. Only had time to watch part one, but I was very impressed! It was nice to finally see & hear this movie in all it's glory. The DD track was amazing.

We're watching part II tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks