What's new

Merged Thread for Back to the Future? (1 Viewer)

Raphael

Stunt Coordinator
As excited as I am about the upcoming BTTF Trilogy release on DVD, I'm actually a little concerned that when it comes time I'll end up not purchasing it because I'm only interested in part 1. To me, part 1 is the only part good enough to purchase, and stands perfectly well on its own. When parts 2 and 3 came out theatrically, I found myself thinking that the stuff I had imagined and speculated following the infamous "To Be Continued" at the end of part 1 was much better than the actual product.

Do you think they'll ever sell the three parts separately? Seems kind of unlikely, but I sure hope so.

P.S. I only want Raiders of the Lost Ark when _that_ bunch comes out, too!

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I enjoy Part III almost as much as Part I (and actually think it the better film and would rate it so but for a sentimental attachment to Part I). Unfortunately, you have to suffer through Part II to enjoy III, so it's the whole set for me.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Part 2 was like a cartoon and part 3 had a huge mistake in it. (There should have been two Deloraians in the old west).

I'd probably just go for the first movie too.

Jeff

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
I loved pt 1 and was really pleased with pt 2 which I thought was extremely clever. That said pt 3 was lousy - the doc in love - please spare us!

But having said that, all three will be a must purchase!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I definitely think this is a trilogy and should be seen as such. I find all three movies quite enjoyable and a lot of fun.
As for a huge mistake in the third episode... there was a second DeLorean in the third episode:
it's just that Doc already had stashed it in the cave. If they had gotten it out of the cave, then Marty wouldn't have been able to dig it out a century later and use it to go back to get Doc. They had to leave it there. No flaw at all, as far as I can see.
As for Doc falling in love... what, an eccentric genius is incapable of love? Doesn't deserve it? I don't get it.
Definitely a must buy as a trilogy for me. Bring on the box set! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
All. I disagree with most folks; #2 is awesome and ends on just the BEST cliffhanger! "Think temporally, Marty!"

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Part 2 was like a cartoon and part 3 had a huge mistake in it. (There should have been two Deloraians in the old west). >>
Hehe, they could have gotten the gas and gas tank from the other car, but not only would they not have the tools to do so, they would also be changing history, causing a major paradox :).

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Well, I'm not normally that fond of the spoiler tag, but...
They really couldn't mess with the car in the cave at all, as you say. If they removed the gas tank, Marty couldn't have gotten there in the first place. The DeLorean Marty had arrived in would have vanished along with him, so they would not have needed the gas tank anymore. Or rather, Doc wouldn't. Of course, the writers could have written around that somehow I guess - the movies weren't always internally consistent - but still. :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll be picking up all three! For the record, I also enjoy part two the most. As for huge mistakes, I'd like to point out something that's always bothered me...

At the end of part three, when the DeLorean gets creamed by the train, don't you think the engineer would have stopped afterwards? I mean, he just hit a car! WTF!?!

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
my wife and I love the first one..and Im a sucker and would probably buy part 2 also, maybe even teh trilogy..but she basically said she would kill me if I bought the 2nd or the 3rd..guess I cant really blame her..

; )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks