What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG vs. BMW M5 (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I'd take the Benzo it's the perfect blend of all worlds, status, performance and luxury. How many 4DR sedans can run with Corvettes while carring twice as many people with groceries in the trunk. ;)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I'd take the Benzo it's the perfect blend of all worlds, status, performance and luxury. How many 4DR sedans can run with Corvettes while carring twice as many people with groceries in the trunk
and the M5 cant? the mercedes may be nice, but i'll take the M5, no question. but you really cant compare numbers, the current M5 is 3 or 4 years old now, they havent changed anything. the mercedes is brand new. compare it to the new one when it comes out, we will see what happens then.

CJ

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks for the info.

But what about the following comparison?

BMW 7 Series vs. Mercedes-Benz S-Class vs. (new) Audi A8?

DavidAM

Second Unit
The magazine I was talking about earlier where the new E55 beat the RS6 and M5 is the current Road and Track magazine if you want to pick it up. And between the 3 luxury sedans, I would personally buy the 7 Series. I was never a big fan of the new S Class and although the coming A8 looks like it will be a great car, I would still take a BMW over an Audi anyday.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I think I would take the new Audi A8 over the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the BMW 7 Series just because of its look! I love the new Audi A8's look!

DavidAM

Second Unit
Its pretty conservative if you ask me. In fact, all 3 are pretty conservative. If you're looking for beauty and speed in a luxury sedan, go buy the Jaguar XJR (supercharged model).

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I'd still take the current generation M5. But have you seen the new 5 series. It's going to take a while to grow on me. (the 7 series is starting to look better) The E class looks good right now.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
everybody around my area has the new E class....i usually see atleast 10 a day..i see them more often then camerys...blah can't wait for the new 5 series...i just LOVE the 7 series

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
BTW The Mercedes E55 was voted top sedan by Car and Driver recently. They showed the comparisons on their Car and Driver TV show. I believe the BMW placed 2nd.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Actually, someone just told me that the Audi RS 6 was first, the BMW M5 second, the Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG third, and the Jaguar S-Type R forth in the Car and Driver magazine.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
A few things first, If I'm wrong on any of these please correct me because this is what I'm basing my Judgement on.

The AMG designator is an After Market add on to the car, right? I mean you don't buy it from the Dealer and drive it off the lot with AMG on it, you have to have your car sent to a place where they do the work. (this is what I'm really not sure about)

If this is the case than they really should compare the M5 with at the very least the Dinan package. However all this really makes no difference becasue if I had the option of getting an Audi RS 6 instead of the other 3 It would take me longer to blink than to make up my mind.

But to answer your question M5.

Michael Marklund

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,

Wrong. AMG is the performance division of Benz. Just like "M" (Motorsport) is the performance division of BMW. All Mercedes dealers sell AMG cars. They are part of the regular dealer stock. (Although they are manufactured in a separate section of Benz in Germany.)

Personal choice for me in this group would be the Audi. AWD kicks ass in handling. The BMW has a better suspension than the Benz, but the Benz has more power. The transmission, btw, can be put in full manual mode and use the buttons on the steering wheel for shifting...just no clutch pedal.

FWIW, the real giant killer from Benz debuted recently at the Geneva autoshow. The CL65...the AMG version of the '03 twin turbo V-12. 615hp and 738ft/lbs of torque!

FWIW part 2, I work for Benz.

Cheers,
Michael

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Actually, I maybe wrong about where the E55 and M5 placed. I was mistakenly thinking of the following list.

This the list from the Car and Driver show for Best Midsize Luxury Sedan

1.Mercedes Benz E320
2.BMW 530IA
3.Audi A6 2.7T Quattro
4. Lexus 300GS
5.Infiniti M45
6. Lincoln LS V-8
Last Place Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Sorry for the mistake.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Anybody else like the look of the M45? It's growing on me. I see shades of S-Class in the front, but the roofline is much more masculine.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Micheal -
Thanks for clearing that up, never really new. I've never been a fan of Mercedes in the past they've been to boxy for me. But lately they've been coming out with some really nice looking vehicles, as have BMW's. But the audi's IMO are "pure". This is just something I think of when I see one. And I would love to own an RS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks