What's new

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Jackie Chan in Magnificent Bodyguards is on Amazon Prime. Not in 3-D, of course, but obviously shot that way. Just in case you wanted to check out a Silver Age title. A fairly fuzzy print.

Sadly, I saw Bob comment on the Dynasty Kickstarter that the Archive was unable to license Magnificent Bodyguards. Fingers crossed for "someday".

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
How come Bob doesn't comment anymore on his on thread? Bob! Bobby! where art thou? No really, seems weird

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
How come Bob doesn't comment anymore on his on thread? Bob! Bobby! where art thou? No really, seems weird
From another thread on this forum.

"Management has made it expressly clear to Mr. Furmanek that he and reviews of his product are no longer welcome here, despite the traffic he has generated for this website for more than a decade. "

We don't know anymore that that. Everyone is mum on the reason.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
From another thread on this forum.

"Management has made it expressly clear to Mr. Furmanek that he and reviews of his product are no longer welcome here, despite the traffic he has generated for this website for more than a decade. "

We don't know anymore that that. Everyone is mum on the reason.
What! @John Hermes what is that other thread?

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I agree. Another excellent 3D restoration but I found the film to be rather a bore. Not helped by my never having thought much of Rock Hudson as an actor. It did seem to be a very low budget western as well - with too many night scenes, which didn't show off 3-D well. A word of praise though for Mike Ballow's slideshow presentation which was very informative and I loved the way the stills stood far out from the screen.

I agree with you about Rock Hudson. There were /are a lot of famous actors who made millions and had a huge fan base but they never had much talent as far as acting went.I could name several but their fans would disagree with me. Maybe this could be a new forum?

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I agree with you about Rock Hudson. There were /are a lot of famous actors who made millions and had a huge fan base but they never had much talent as far as acting went.I could name several but their fans would disagree with me. Maybe this could be a new forum?
I guess that's why they're called "stars" and not necessarily great actors. I have many favorites who are not great actors but strike a chord for some reason.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I'm just going to say as a long-time member here that I find that very disturbing, and hope that someone will straighten out the story. Apparently Mike Frezon hasn't heard it despite being a moderator.
I asked Bob about it on another site but didn't receive a reply. I guess the thing is hush-hush for some reason.

1594009556515.png

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Bob also leaves comments on the Classic Horror Film Board (CHFB) site, specifically the Classic Horror on DVD board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks