What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
REVENGE OF THE CREATURE is newly restored and coming to 3-D Blu-ray on August 28, 2018: 4K scans of the original 35mm negatives by NBCUniversal and stereoscopic alignment by 3-D Film Archive!

For more information on the restoration and rare Creature memorabilia from the Archive, please visit: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/revenge-of-the-creature
Is this the announcement that was announced yesterday, then announced that the announcement was pushed back to June 11? Or is there another announcement to be announced on the previously announced new announcement date of June 11?

Or did someone announce that it's already June 11 while I was offline? :blink:

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Is this the announcement that was announced yesterday, then announced that the announcement was pushed back to June 11? Or is there another announcement to be announced on the previously announced new announcement date of June 11?

Or did someone announce that it's already June 11 while I was offline? :blink:

Answered in the other thread...

Yes, it was changed to Monday but a retailer posted early so that ended the freeze.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Unless it is available separately I’ll probably take a pass. I’ve seen the film in 3D and even 3D on broadcast TV when they used to give away free glasses at variety stores as a promotion. (Horrible quality of course, but it was the only game in town. We watched my Beta tape of the broadcast over and over!)

Since owning the 3D Blu ray of Creature, and the boxed set DVDs of black lagoon films, I watched each once to make sure they played properly, put them on the shelf, and only touched them as I was dusting since.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
That stuff happens all the time in this hobby.
Like a lot of us, I guess, I already have the standalone copy of Creature plus the one that's in the Universal Monsters box set. It still won't stop me buying this new box set as I'll still have two more films I've never seen before. As long as it gets them out there!

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Unless it is available separately I’ll probably take a pass. I’ve seen the film in 3D and even 3D on broadcast TV when they used to give away free glasses at variety stores as a promotion. (Horrible quality of course, but it was the only game in town. We watched my Beta tape of the broadcast over and over!)

Since owning the 3D Blu ray of Creature, and the boxed set DVDs of black lagoon films, I watched each once to make sure they played properly, put them on the shelf, and only touched them as I was dusting since.

I know the feeling, and for most movies, I don't relish the prospect of double dips the way some seem to. I'm quite happy with how a lot of my dvds and blurays look already. With 3-D movies, I have a different policy.

I can understand other people having different priorities. The point I make about these blu-ray sets is that the prices are not extoritionate and they take up minimal shelf space. You'll probably be able to pick up this entire set for less than the price of one of the Twilight Time 3-D releases and comparable in cost to a Kino 3-D release. The bluray cases for these pack a lot in, but are the same size as standard UK bluray cases, which are only slightly larger than US cases.

The point is, while I'll end up buying 3 films instead of the one I want, including an unnecessary duplicate, I'll be paying a price I've been happy to pay for single releases in the past, and it'll take up about as much space as a single release.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I've loved the Universal BR sets but have always had one single gripe in that some films cross over into other sets leaving us with extra discs. I am pretty certain many welcome the complete series in each box but it does seem a little unnecessary.

Wonderful news to see the Creature films become available and will please many a life long fan of them including me. We still watch our 8mm sound films of them which these days is a pure nostalgia trip but very enjoyable at that. Lets hope Universal duplicate a good number of that boxed set as it will be a hot seller for them.

Thank you Universal for some wonderful classics on Blu-Ray particularly the Bela Lugosi material which made my day very much, also the new forthcoming Creature collection and Invisible Man which will be purchased as soon as they hit the shops.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I've loved the Universal BR sets but have always had one single gripe in that some films cross over into other sets leaving us with extra discs. I am pretty certain many welcome the complete series in each box but it does seem a little unnecessary.

No matter what they do, it's not going to make everyone happy. There will be people who are only interested in one particular monster, who might feel slighted if, (for example) they have to buy the Frankenstein set to get all the Dracula titles, or the other way around. Perhaps there's some other way they could have arranged them, but it gets messy. I don't need the extra discs, but I don't mind.

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Bob! Great news on revenge of the creature! Congrats to everyone at the 3D Film Archive! How does this news affect the possible release of 'The Glass Web', 'Wings of a Hawk', 'Taza Son of Cochise'. I certainly can't hurt, right?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Universal-collage.gif

Let NBCUniversal know you want to see those three in widescreen 3-D as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks