revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Zavvi did a great steelbook for Creature from the black lagoon and I'm hoping we see one for Revenge of el Creature as well.
sb56.jpg
Have to wait and see...

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
I went to UPHE's Contact Us page. https://www.uphe.com/contact-support

I chose "Blu-Ray" for format and "Title Availability" under the "What Can We Help You With?" tab. For the "Title" tab I just typed all 3 films.
Thank you for the link, Dan - it made it so much easier to put in my request, too!

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I see A + C Meet the Invisible man has a preorder up as a single release. Those hoping for Revenge of the Creature as a single release may be in luck.

- forget I said that, looks like a 2 Disc set with Revenge and Walks Among Us and squeezed onto one disc.

If there's a separate release, it'll be the same disc so it'd have to be a double bill.

Amazon Product Description said:

Disc 1 - Creature From the Black Lagoon:

• Creature from the Black Lagoon (3D Version)
  • Back to the Black Lagoon Documentary
  • Production Photographs
  • Feature Commentary with Film Historian Tom Weaver
  • Trailer Gallery
  • 100 Years of Universal: The Lot
  • My Scenes
Disc 2 - Revenge of the Creature:
  • The Creature Walks Among Us Feature Commentary with Film Historians Tom Weaver and Bob Burns
  • Revenge of the Creature Feature Commentary with Actress Lori Nelson and Film Historians Tom Weaver and Bob Burns
  • Theatrical Trailer - Revenge of The Creature
  • Theatrical Trailer - The Creature Walks Among Us

It doesn't actually list a 3D version of Revenge of the Creature (it does for the first movie). I was beginning to get alarmed until I realised it's listed on the back of the case. I thought maybe they'd dropped 3D to fit 2 movies on one disc.

ilovenola2

Agent
Real Name
Joe Bonelli

I chose "Blu-Ray" for format and "Title Availability" under the "What Can We Help You With?" tab. For the "Title" tab I just typed all 3 films.
Thanks for this. Us seniors (and others) who do not use "social" media can use this real-world contact link.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I went to the Universal Home Video site and requested the 3D titles and here is the response:

Dear Michael,
Thank you for contacting us.
Many factors influence the timing and content of our releases, and no plans have been announced for the Blu-ray 3D™ release of these titles. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

Kind of what I expected. Hope they keep track of what titles are requested and don't just hit DELETE. ;)

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I also had a panic moment when searching for the disc content being 3D for Revenge of El Creature on Amazon they are so vague. Phew glad I spotted the back of the box but these things do happen don't they.

Off topic. Don't forget to watch a Laurel and Hardy film on Saturday all as its Stan Laurels birthday, I'll be off to Ulverston over here for the celebrations then home to watch the boys in 3D up on the big screen.

Stanleys.jpg

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
It's a VERY prestigious festival.
Agreed: it's by far the biggest and best festival of restored and classic film in the world. And held in the middle of the Mediterranean summer, in one of the the world's most beautiful cities. I'm sure the Creature will be honoured to exact his revenge there!

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Got a slightly different form email response from Universal:

subject:This Island Earth , in Perspecta stereo
Dear Ed,

Thank you for contacting us.

Many factors influence the timing and content of our releases, and no plans have been announced for the Blu-ray release of this title. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

Your suggestions are appreciated and have been forwarded to the appropriate department. We hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

When I was pestering them last week about their 3-D titles, nothing in their response indicated that my suggestions were appreciated, or had been forwarded anywhere appropriate !

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Got a slightly different form email response from Universal:

When I was pestering them last week about their 3-D titles, nothing in their response indicated that my suggestions were appreciated, or had been forwarded anywhere appropriate !

That's great. I hope my request was forwarded and not just deleted.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Our landmark 2015 Blu-ray release of 3-D RARITIES gets a rave review from Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits.
Nice of Bill to do this for you but it's kind of annoying as The Digital Bits never promoted Blu-ray 3D during the entire period 3D TV and 3D discs were rolled out by the industry. They have a great site but I blame their lack of promotion of 3D as one of the many factors that killed the acceptance of 3D for home viewing. Writing that "I certainly came late to the party here" is like a sick joke as he snubbed the party for years although he was more than welcome to join. Sad.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Thank you so much Bob and the whole team for yet more exciting news looks fantastic.

It would be interesting sometime to hear how we all came to 3D and our interests developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks