What's new

McDonald’s to accept credit cards (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken also accept them here. Hopefully they'll have a debit card system in place as well. I like punching in a pin rather than signing.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Must have been a slow news day for MSNBC. McDonald's has been accepting credit and debit cards for over a year.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Read the first line of the story: AFTER YEARS OF TESTING, McDonald’s Corp. will make it possible next year for customers nationwide to pay for their burgers and fries with plastic.

So yes, SOME McDonalds have been accepting credit cards. However its not a company wide policy. I've yet to visit one that did myself.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
And the McDonalds's (?) that I've been to that accepted card payments always charged me about 50 cents extra for it, no matter if I bought $0.99 or $9.99 worth of food. I'm guessing they won't charge that anymore, right?

If so, I think this can be a very good thing for them, at least if there are more people like me out there who rarely carry any cash at all.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I read quite a while ago that McDonalds was also testing a speed pass kind of thing. You place your order at the speaker or at the window person. Say you want to speed pay it then when you drive forward censors pickup the detector that you have and charge your account. I think it would be awesome to do away with the money exchange entirely. Just place your order and you receive a bill at the end of the month.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Chicago, Vegas, NYC, Baltimore...I've seen the credit card scanners in all those markets, so I'd have to say that MSNBC's "scoop" probably just applies to people that go to McDonald's out in the sticks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Wall Street Journal also ran this story today. They stated that the new credit card gear would allow for transactions to be completed in 4-6 seconds (unlike the usual 30 seconds duraction for them).

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well out in the sticks known as Minnesota I've never seen CCs accepted at any McDonalds anywhere. Now if more places accept CCs I'll be happy since I goto McDonalds about 2-5x a year.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I read quite a while ago that McDonalds was also testing a speed pass kind of thing.
from the article:

"Over the past two years, McDonald’s has tested various cashless systems, including paying via Mobil Speedpass wands and a biometric system using fingerprints linked to credit-card data."

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
There are some McDonald's out here that accept credit cards but the thing that gets me is the extra fee! I don't find it any more convenient when you pay 50 cents more. One of hte reasons I frequent a local Subway, they've been taking credit cards for years and don't charge any fee :)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
One of hte reasons I frequent a local Subway, they've been taking credit cards for years and don't charge any fee
One of the reasons I freqent a local Subway over McDonalds (99.99999999% of the time) is because I like the fact that, as opposed to McD`s food, a Subway sub doesn`t try to claw it`s way out of my system like a prison inmate trying to escape from his cell by digging throught the concrete with his fingernails. :D
The other 0.00000001% of the time, it`s on a dare...
Moe.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The McDonald's by me has been using a check scanner. It fills out the check for you and automatically deducts it from your checking account. It voids the check then and they give it back to you.

Its kinda slick and no extra charge for the service.

Paul

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
The first McD's I ever saw taking credit cards was down at Disney in Florida...

BTW - I thought surcharges was against VISA policy?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Or, they're actually implementing a brand new, nationwide system with no fees. Give it up, it's news, OK?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm telling you guys those mocking pictures are nothing but bad news. I always see them on gaming and auto forums, which are overrun by a more immature crowd. Michael believe or not there are other places besides the cities you mentioned that are not in "the sticks."

I travel by car a lot and there are mucho mucho McDonald's up & down the east coast. It would be a big help if all of them started accepted credit cards at the drive-thru so we wouldn't have to fumble around for our wallets and end up with more spare change in our pockets. Hey that rhymed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks