Matsushita preps 100GB DVD disc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Oct 21, 2001.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Not sure if this is the most correct forum, but I looked at the others and didn't see anywhere better to stick this, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

2. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

If they're going to use 100GB, perhaps they could make P&S an easter egg. [​IMG]
    Sounds interesting, but would be far more useful at this point as a backup medium.

3. Jamie E

Jamie E Stunt Coordinator

4. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

True, that is more exciting. Those discs will hold 100 Terabytes, which is 100 times more again over 100 GB.
    I actually reported on the announcement of the technology behind FMDs on my website just over a year ago: http://forums.jjr512.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16544
    ------------------
    -Justin
    Join the JJR512.com [email protected] Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
    Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message
    [Edited last by JustinR on October 21, 2001 at 11:49 AM]

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

FMD's have been hinted at for some time now. While it seems like a great product (and the correct one to introduce HD-DVD), it still looks to be years out of development. I would rather wait for that than trying to adopt a new standard for encoding for DVD right now. Making alot of DVD players obsolete is not a wise move. I mean, we all want to get our hands on a HD-DVD as soon as possible, but not at the sacrifice of our current gear.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

6. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
  7. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    I am not worried about a format better than becoming widely availble and well supported by the studios anytime soon. The studios are not going to support an HD-DVD technology until they have milked DVD for all it is worth, and it will be a while before they will feel they have done that.
    ------------------
    My DVD's
    If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.