What's new

Matrix in 1080i/480i (1 Viewer)

HalRoth

Agent
As my tv is in the repair shop, I'm wondering if the Matrix switches between outputs.

There are many real video cut scenes, and I'm wondering if the game switches from 1080i to 480i when it displays these scenes. Or did they actually film the movie in 1080i which would be bad ass. I can't wait to see this game in 1080i though, but wondering about the previous, someone let me know.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I can't tell what the resolution is during the movie cut scenes, but I don't believe it is 1080i. The image displays compression artifacts, and does not even look as good as a regular DVD. The cut scenes using the game engine however are 1080i.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, or post more definintive info, as I am curious, too.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
From what I can tell, it always stays in 1080i mode. While the cut scenes don't display the greatest of qualities (in comparison to DVD or actual HD sources) it must be mentioned that the quality is a heck of a lot better than the majority of the games cut scenes. Even though there's not a whole lot of information going to the display, it still shows it as a 1080i source. Just like if you get a crappy film printed movie on a 1080i source the 1080i doesn't automatically make it look better. Anyway, hope this helps!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I am actually a little diappointed in the 1080i output on this game in general. There is not a huge difference between the 480p and the 1080i. There is some improvement in resolution, but the textures are so blah to begin with it isnt that HUGE of a leap for me. Also, the cutscenes have MASSIVE compression artifacts on them in 1080i.

At least the cutscene footage is good.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Sean, I'm suprised you were actually able to detect textures. I'm frankly a little stunned at the overall lack of quality with this title. The graphics are thoroughly unimpressive, the control is the most awkward thing I've come across in a while. This game is the definition of linear, and the gameplay challenge is virtually non-existent in many areas. I had a 12 year old niece who doesn't play videogames basically breezing through the first sections of this game on normal.

The music doesn't tie into the onscreen action, the cut-scenes are largely forgettable, the environments are some of the blandest and most boring I've come across in recent memory, the camera is terrible, what AI exists is largely comatose. Some of this stuff is quite laughable.

I go to put the smack down on a couple of guards, the camera swings around wildly, disorienting me, I move to see where the guards are, one is down, the other has his gun out, but apparently was equally disoriented by the camera shift, and isn't firing at me. I

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks