What's new

Matching Swan 6.1 Towers to Noble In-Wall Center? (1 Viewer)

mkiv808

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Looking at this speaker: http://www.noble-fidelity.com/prod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?prodid=1005

Right now I have Swan 6.1 mains which I absolutely love, along with a Swan C2 center channel. I am installing a 120" fixed projector screen.

I want to keep my mains, but like the idea of being able to make my center channel disappear so it doesn't distract from the screen. I'm also finding limited options for mounts and stands for the center speaker and don't have a lot of vertical space to place it.

Will voice matching be really far off from my big Swan mains? The C2 center I have now has a similar silk dome Tweeter, but it's a much smaller speaker than my mains anyway?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There are always Acoustically Transparent screens. You can hide a 7th main behind the screen.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There is virtually no way you’ll get voice-matching between two speakers from two different manufacturers utilizing different drivers. On top of that, an in-wall speaker is a whole ‘nother animal from a free-standing model.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

mkiv808

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Yeah, I figured as much. Then again, the more I read up on my current center vs. mains, neither will it. It's a different tweeter and woofers, and the woofers are 4" vs. the big units in my mains.

I'm just wondering if the Noble will be better just because its relatively flat frequency response is much closer to the mains than that tiny center speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks